Talk

Advanced search

Best makeup counter to get makeup done?

(9 Posts)
Potus Wed 26-Feb-14 09:54:06

I'm going to treat myself and buy some new makeup. I'd like advice and a makeup lesson first. I was thinking bobby brown? I know they're in my local John lewis. Also can I just turn up or do I have to book?

poppins30 Wed 26-Feb-14 09:57:12

I really like Clinique, I just turned up to their counter at my local Boots and asked for some help choosing foundation, eye make up and lipstick.

Have been using their skin care for a year but hadn't tried the make up so thought I'd make sure it suited me before forking out that much!

sugar4eva Wed 26-Feb-14 09:57:56

I would def book. They did my whole face and they talked thro what look I wanted and I cannot rate it highly enough ! They taught me a technique I didn't know about how to define my eyes and it is fab! Enjoy . !

Financeprincess Wed 26-Feb-14 09:58:37

Bobbi Brown, without doubt. I've found that you can usually just turn up, provided you don't do it on a Saturday afternoon, when you might have to wait a bit, or when they are 'doing' a big event (the Bobbi Brown girls at Kendals in Manchester are good, but they couldn't demonstrate a new eyeshadow on me one day because they were getting models ready for the Vogue fashion night out)

mumblechum1 Wed 26-Feb-14 09:59:21

I got a Bobby Brown makeover in oxford Street and it was good. She just did my eyes but spent ages over it. Bought q a lot so although the makeover was free, they do get something out of it.

Potus Wed 26-Feb-14 10:30:14

Thanks I'll try bobby brown. I've got a bit of clinique stuff but would like to try something different. I definitely need help with my eye makeup!

CrepeFoofette Wed 26-Feb-14 12:17:37

I'd always recommend MAC. They've always taken the time to help me find what I want and thanks to them I know how to style my eyebrows properly. They're spot on with foundation matching too smile

AntoinetteCosway Wed 26-Feb-14 12:37:15

I think Bobbi Brown MUAs do the best counter make overs.

Potus Wed 26-Feb-14 16:49:49

Hmm theres MAC counter too. Might just see whos freeon the day! Im going out friday night do might go lateto get the makeup done so i dont have to redo for my night out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now