Talk

Advanced search

Thin hair misery

(11 Posts)
Mrswellyboot Tue 25-Feb-14 21:33:17

I always had fine hair but lately (after DS) it looks thinner than before. I always have to add root boost and tie it up. It is just below my shoulders.

Seriously thinking of cutting it but I like having length and I don't like hair in my face

Has anyone any suggestions on styles or colours? Thanks

OneLittleLady Tue 25-Feb-14 21:45:40

I have very fine hair and I get lots of layers cut in to create movement and texture. I use dry Batiste dry shampoo on the roots and then Toni&Guy texturizing paste to add some extra oomph and with the layers it really makes it look like I have lots and lots of lovely thick hair.

Mrswellyboot Wed 26-Feb-14 08:40:05

Oh thank you. I got root perm a couple if years ago and it ruined my hair. Luckily it's ok now.

I was thinking if something like this

Will try the paste too

Moonagedaydreamer Wed 26-Feb-14 13:11:32

I'd get my iron levels checked. Mine were ridiculously low and it made my hair superfine. About 12 months ago I started high dose iron tablets and it's thickening up nicely. You can even see short hair where it's growing back...I also took these from H & B

www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=71&prodid=45

HTH

BestSundayDress Wed 26-Feb-14 14:04:21

I have very thin hair and have just tried the new l'Oreal Fibrology thickening shampoo and after using it for a couple of weeks can definitely see a difference, a lot more so than with other shampoos to add volume and body

Middleagedmotheroftwo Wed 26-Feb-14 14:10:38

A good cut can do wonders. And a good short cut would make the hair look thicker IMO. I query whether you realy do like having long hair if you tie it back most of the time, and don't like it in your face though. It may be that when you're tying your hair back, you're pulling it too tightly at the roots, and that's making the problem worse?

I'd ask a hairdresser for a consultation, and see what they suggest.

DavenotChas Wed 26-Feb-14 14:31:26

I second fibrology. I've been using it for about a week and have really noticed a difference. Also, I recently had all the straggly bits lopped off into a just below chin length bob. It looks and feels noticeably different. The fibrology seems to make my hair less greasy too so I can now skip a day between washes whereas before it absolutely needed it every day. It's cheap too grin

Beaverfeaver Wed 26-Feb-14 18:21:08

I have been using organix thick & full with biotin and collagen

BlueStones Wed 26-Feb-14 21:16:00

I just had a look at the Fibrology website - slightly worried that something designed to make your hair fibre expand from the inside will increase splitting. My fine hair already splits like a bastard.

clio51 Wed 26-Feb-14 22:41:47

Don't know how long ago you had you son, but after pregnancy your hormones are all over the place and take time to settle again.
When I had son. After my fringe when really thin aghhh and took about 6 mths or more to get back to normal

Mrswellyboot Fri 28-Feb-14 20:03:47

Thank You for all responses. I think I will get a supplement. I was low on iron after birth so will look into it. He is five months.

Had a really good cut today and lots of layers and it looks a lot healthier. I sleep with it tied up too so it's probably not good for it. Anyway I think I will try and wash and blow dry it daily as I always did before ML too to put a bit of life into it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now