Talk

Advanced search

Highlight and contour anyone?

(21 Posts)
Justgotosleepnow Tue 25-Feb-14 21:15:49

I have just discovered the HAC method of makeup!
Blimey it's brilliant! I found the maskara.com website bloggy thing on Pinterest a few days ago and it has changed how I look- for the better!

Why doesn't everyone do this?
How come I've never heard of it before & I've been reading women's magazines for years! It's like a big secret that the makeup artists have kept to themselves, harrumph!

So a few questions to those who HAC-
Do you put on regular foundation first? Then HAC on that base?
Can I just use my regular (non sparkly) bronzer & touche éclat?
Where can I buy a set ready made up (the blog mentioned above is American with no international shipping sadly)

Justgotosleepnow Tue 25-Feb-14 21:25:04

www.maskcara.com/2013/08/15/the-difference-between-no-makeup-and-no-makeup/
Is the link to how to do it

ilikeyourface Tue 25-Feb-14 21:47:00

I have the sleek contour kit and its fab

Justgotosleepnow Tue 25-Feb-14 21:51:25

Oh that sounds good I'm off to google it thanks!

Justgotosleepnow Tue 25-Feb-14 22:20:51

The sleek contour palette looks perfect- thanks!
I hope it is light enough for my skin.

Hopefully Wed 26-Feb-14 08:17:08

But it still looks very made up. I think calling it a no make up look is a tad optimistic (the way she has done it). I'm sure with a lighter hand it would still work though.

AntoinetteCosway Wed 26-Feb-14 08:32:58

I'm very pale and the light sleek kit works for me though I have to be very light handed. If you prefer a cream try Illamasqua's Hollow.

Justgotosleepnow Wed 26-Feb-14 13:50:22

Yes I spose it does look made up still, but I think she looks nice!
I'm a lot lighter handed with the contouring, right enough.
I'm going to get the sleek palette, but I think I need to use up what I already have (Bobbi Brown darker for contouring & touche éclat for highlighting).

Amethyst24 Wed 26-Feb-14 14:56:35

Ooooh, that's amazing. I like her, too, she's funny.

Puddles1234 Wed 26-Feb-14 15:45:24

I always highlight and contour. I use the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate palette. Amazing.

CecyHall Wed 26-Feb-14 15:48:53

I really want to master contouring but just end up looking like I've dirty face.

I am going to read through that Maskara site, I recognise her from Allure mag and I like what she says in there.

Justgotosleepnow Wed 26-Feb-14 16:42:07

Ah I saw the tom ford one, it looked lovely, but sleek is more my budget at the moment!

I'm now deciding to change how I do my eyebrows, as they are too thin.
Maskcara woman uses mac Brun & an angled brush. Anyone know what a budget version would be? Is there a similar website to the foundation comparison one for eyeshadow? (Still impressed with findation, it will save me hours of trawling around the shops)

I can't find an angled brush for less than 10 quid on boots.com & none on superdrug website. The sleek brush kit has one in it- anyone know if it's any good!

CecyHall Wed 26-Feb-14 17:46:36

So I've just had a play, used my eyebrow powder as it was the ashiest colour I had.

It's so difficult to get the balance of blending it so it doesn't look weird and it disappearing altogether. Although I don't think I could do it as prominently as Cara.

I didn't have a highlighter either so I used a slightly too light concealer, I liked this bit much better.

I'll keep trying!

LordPalmerston Wed 26-Feb-14 17:52:01

i cant see what you are all looking at

LordPalmerston Wed 26-Feb-14 17:55:22

on the baseball one she puts blusher on her chin

i think she is very orange

WillSingForCake Thu 27-Feb-14 07:48:25

There's a good Lisa Eldridge video about contouring on her website. It's one of those looks which is great if you get it right, but looks awful if you don't blend properly or are a bit heavy-handed.

I bought an angled brush for about £2 in Superdrug the ither day.

Ladyhaha Fri 28-Feb-14 10:25:43

I use the sleek kit most of the time and sometimes use benefit hoola for the darker shade - the brush makes it easy to apply and blend.

Justgotosleepnow Fri 28-Feb-14 16:26:10

Ok I have an angled brush & some dark brown non shimmer eyeshadow, and am growing out the eyebrows so they are a bit thicker. Don't want to look too towie but I think it will suit me.

Tesco sleek range didn't have the 2 colour HAC in stock, so I need to stake out my local superdrug.

That's interesting the hoola brush is good, I've been wondering what brushes to use for the contouring. I've been using a flat headed medium/ big brush. But maybe this isn't right?

AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 17:37:47

Real Techniques do a good contour brush. It needs to be small enough to fit into the hollow of your cheek and blend. A good tip is to go no further towards the centre of your face than an imaginary line drawn from the middle of your eyeball down your cheek. The closer to your mouth you get, the more you will just look grubby!

Justgotosleepnow Sat 01-Mar-14 17:04:15

Thanks Antoinette, that's a good tip. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now