Talk

Advanced search

Anyone use Origins skincare?

(17 Posts)
diege Tue 25-Feb-14 13:02:40

Am being tempted by an offer for free full-size serum if spending over £65 (so would need to get 2 products). Can anyone recommend Origins day cream, eye cream, serum etc. Is it worth the splurge? Early 40s, good skin but some hard core fine lines that need addressing!

ClaraFox Tue 25-Feb-14 13:11:04

It's ok and I've used it but I think there is better out there.

I'd recommend clarins blue orchid oil under either else is pro collagen marine cream or Aveeno .

HyvaPaiva Tue 25-Feb-14 13:16:46

Never A Dull Moment is fantastic in both the cleanser and exfoliator versions.

sunshinemmum Tue 25-Feb-14 13:55:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ihatethecold Tue 25-Feb-14 14:25:13

I'm using night a mins ATM. It's ok.
Not sure it's worth the expense though.

I'm also using the eye cream, also ok but no better than Clinique.

vix1980 Tue 25-Feb-14 14:34:23

Got the serum for christmas, within a week my skin looked burnt and i had spots all over - never ever had spots like this and im 33!! But if you must try it id say ask for a sample first as reading the reviews it doesnt agree with everyone. If you do end up buying it its £42 from the make up shop at mcarthur glen outlets if you live near to one, rather than the £65.

I use the balance and checks cleanser but to be honest since I switched to origins last year - and this is only my opinion - its made my skin loot a lot older.

I also think there is better out there, try the shisedo serum, its cheaper than the origins and lots better.

diege Tue 25-Feb-14 16:53:20

Thank you everyone, really useful advice. I had used the eye cream a while back (believed the sales garb that it was 'botox in a bottle' hmm) but wasn't terribly impressed. Think I'll leave it and possibly try Clarins which my friend raves about. Main problems is crow's feet - not sure there's a product out there that can really improve these (will maybe start another thread!).

squoosh Tue 25-Feb-14 16:59:54

I use the Drink Up Mask as a night cream. It's pretty good but not amazing.

Pancakeflipper Tue 25-Feb-14 17:02:59

I came out in a huge red rash. Apparently the oils in it are too strong for my skin.

I am fine with clarins blue orchid oil.

LordEmsworth Tue 25-Feb-14 17:04:56

I love Origins, about two thirds of my skincare is from there... and people spontaneously comment on how good my skin looks (not often, but sometimes!). Currently using Checks and Balances cleanser, Perfect World serum and day cream, Modern Friction scrub, Night A mins night cream... More importantly, where is this offer so I can use it, pretty please grin ?

Mnippy Tue 25-Feb-14 17:34:06

I use the vitazing tinted moisturiser - as a new mother it is a great time saver for me and perfect for when I want to look a bit less of a werewolf but not too try hard!

diege Tue 25-Feb-14 18:05:18

Code is SERUM2 and needs to be used on the origins website. You also get free next day delivery. Another option is to print out the e-mail and take into the store - feel free to message me with your e-mail addy if you'd like me to forward.
May have a good look through the origins range, website q.good. I had dc6 4 mths ago and am back at work end of March so really need to get my complexion glowing and awake-looking hmm grin

WeGotAnnie Tue 25-Feb-14 20:24:46

I liked the A Perfect World eye cream. But Superdrugs Vit E is better grin

bialystockandbloom Tue 25-Feb-14 20:34:30

I'm using Plantscriptions eye cream atm, which is having a noticable effect on the lines round my eyes. I really like the Perfect World stuff too, but agree you should definitely try first.

foolssilver Wed 26-Feb-14 00:41:00

Origins really agrees with my skin. I use plantscription serum.and eye cream, starting over moisturiser and drink up mask. Have also used checks and balances. All good in my opinion.

They have offers frequently and are generous with samples so might be worth getting samples and waiting for next offer

plentyofsoap Wed 26-Feb-14 01:49:43

Never a dull moment is fantastic and lasts forevee.

plentyofsoap Wed 26-Feb-14 01:51:08

Forever even grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now