Talk

Advanced search

perfumistas - has anyone tried GORSE perfume?

(12 Posts)
williaminajetfighter Tue 25-Feb-14 11:36:37

I saw this perfume advertised on the CultBeauty sight and it sounds amazing. Has anyone tried it? I love lemony scents and it looks like this one could be a winner. Wondering what it's like before I shell out 55 pounds...

www.cultbeauty.co.uk/laboratory-perfumes-gorse-eau-de-toilette.html

FrugalFashionista Tue 25-Feb-14 11:41:18

Haven't tried it and wouldn't buy blind (sample on skin if poss) but their Amber gets a thumbs-up on Basenotes.

'Impossible to describe' sounds like a whopping dose of Iso E Super btw wink

mothermirth Tue 25-Feb-14 12:02:37

I've tried it and loved it but disclaimer I love sniffing gorse bushes grin

Catsmamma Tue 25-Feb-14 12:08:02

Gorse is coconutty....not lemony.

like warm Nice biscuits.

williaminajetfighter Tue 25-Feb-14 12:17:29

thanks everyone - love the speedy replies. Am going to have to find a way to sample it because, as you say, it's a lot of money to spend 'blind'!

Financeprincess Tue 25-Feb-14 13:01:43

Smells lovely. I sprayed it in a shop and kept sniffing my deliciously-scented hand for the rest of the day.

williaminajetfighter Tue 25-Feb-14 13:05:08

Finance what did it smell like? Topnotes? Basenotes? Description is very vague although I do fancy smelling like a Sophia Coppola film....

Catsmamma Tue 25-Feb-14 13:29:48

finance...what shop?? I'd love to have spray too!! :D

pocketandsweet Tue 25-Feb-14 15:08:21

I tried it when I lived in York. Yorkshire Soap Company shop. It was lovely and I would have purchased but was in the mindset of reducing possessions for packing rather than buying more. From my memory it is more coconut than lemon.

Financeprincess Tue 25-Feb-14 15:16:12

Cannot remember shop name, but it's in Ilkley, opening out onto the central car park.

Smell is quite reminiscent of Miller Harris stuff - I'm no expert on perfume speak but I didn't find it coconutty particularly. It was a very fresh herbal scent with a slightly sweet floral quality, like being on a moor.

TheRaniOfYawn Tue 25-Feb-14 21:23:16

I've tried it and it's very nice but quite subtle. It would layer nicely with other scents, I think.

TheRaniOfYawn Tue 25-Feb-14 21:24:14

I tried it at the Yorkshire Soap Company too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now