Talk

Advanced search

BAGS! BAGS! BAGS! Suggestions please?

(3 Posts)
chainedtothedesk Tue 25-Feb-14 09:52:30

I am looking for a new bag. An everyday hand / shoulder type bag. It needs to be big enough for my purse, keys, phone, a nappy and wipes (though hopefully not for much longer), a few toy cars and a load of other bits of crap - though not too big that I carry round half our toy room...

I'd like something colourful and ideally with a bright / light inner lining (so I can find all my rubbish in it) and not too deep (for same reasons).

I have seen two I like:

Love the pattern, nice shape and size but someone has commented on the fabric cracking... Maybe she was just unlucky?

http://www.cathkidston.com/garden-birds-everyday-bag/cath-kidston/fcp-product/1009520#product_info_tabs

Also like this one...

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Accessories/Bags-Wallets/AM209-YEL/Womens-Daffodil-Dotty-Handbag.html

If anyone can even suggest places to even look I'd be grateful. My budget is about £50 - £60 ish. I quite like Orla Kiely patterns but her bags are a little out of my price range and often don't seem to have a strap long enough to go on my shoulder. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Vickiyumyum Tue 25-Feb-14 10:59:30

the cath kidston ones are good. my sister has lots of them, all used regularly and none of the newer ones have faded or cracked.

I know my sister definitely has this one www.cathkidston.com/pembridge-rose-everyday-bag/everyday-bags/cath-kidston/fcp-product/1011448 and matching purse. it suits her and her style I like it, its just not my style. have you looked in the past season section on orla kiely site they sometimes have items reduced.

chainedtothedesk Tue 25-Feb-14 11:09:38

Thanks Vickiyumyum . I'm not sure Cath Kidston is my style either really. I'm not a floral or 'vintage' type kind of person, but her 'everyday' bag does seem to tick the boxes on my wish list i.e. decent size but not too big, colour, right strap etc.

I'm not particularly bothered about names or brands I just would like to know where to look. Everyone I see seems to have a Cath Kidston or Orla Kiely bag so I suppose that has influenced me. There must be other bags out there that fit the bill but where?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now