Talk

Advanced search

Should you use moisturiser and an eye cream or will moisturiser do the same job?

(13 Posts)
OneWayStreetToNoWhere Mon 24-Feb-14 22:35:59

Just that really, thinking about buying some of superdrugs naturally radiant range.

invicta Mon 24-Feb-14 22:37:15

I only use a moisturiser, a can't be bothered to have a day moisturiser, night one, eye one etc.

OneLittleLady Mon 24-Feb-14 22:46:23

I just use the day cream for the naturally radiant range in the normal/dry skin version. I do have the eye cream but mostly forget to use it. I could do with a richer cream but I just moisturise and then moisturise again ten minutes later and it works for me

Financeprincess Mon 24-Feb-14 22:48:57

I think eye creams are a bit of a con. Twice as much for half the volume! Normal moisturiser does me fine, not too many crows' feet yet!

OneWayStreetToNoWhere Mon 24-Feb-14 23:00:46

Is it better to use the day cream or just stick to my normal moistueriser (Nivea). I'm really bad at this confused

Puddles1234 Mon 24-Feb-14 23:40:10

Always use a separate eye serum/cream to your usual day/night cream or serum. You need the tiniest pea size amount of eye cream/serum as the skin under the eye is so delicate.

It's worth buying the very best you can afford.

RonaldMcDonald Tue 25-Feb-14 00:59:23

Ordinary serum/moisturiser works just as well as any eye cream as long as the cream isn't too thick and glooopy
There is absolutely no need to buy a separate cream

Floisme Tue 25-Feb-14 07:07:09

I started using eye cream when I was about 30. I'm 57 now and have few crows feet or wrinkles (pity about all the other stuff but hey). However I believe I would look just the same if I had used any light, unperfumed moisturiser instead of eye cream.

So yes, I think it's yet another con from the beauty industry - if they could find a way of bottling air and selling it back to us, they would do so.

SnakePlisskensMum Tue 25-Feb-14 07:23:35

I agree it's a con too, just playing to our insecurities. In fact, I was told as much by someone in a 'very' senior position in Dermalogicawink

ExcuseTypos Tue 25-Feb-14 07:29:20

I used eye cream for years, I then decided I couldn't be faffed so just used a tiny amount if my normal moisturiser. That was a year ago and I haven't notiiced any difference what so ever.

I did the same with toner 6 months ago, again no difference.

ExcuseTypos Tue 25-Feb-14 07:30:28

snake did your expert give you any other tips?

Floisme Tue 25-Feb-14 07:58:13

Agreed, Snake, in fact I'd go further. In my opinion, they help create the insecurities in the first place, then try and sell us something to fix them.

I also stopped using toner nearly 40 years ago. My face hasn't fallen off! I think it's time we all woke up.

Hopefully Tue 25-Feb-14 09:52:37

I use day and night cream, but just spread it over my eye area too. The only reason I can see for using a separate eye cream is if you have greasy lids (my sister does) and eye shadow slides off if you use proper moisturiser, so need something lighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now