Talk

Advanced search

Advice for hair-curling virgin

(3 Posts)
Amethyst24 Mon 24-Feb-14 21:17:40

A couple of years ago I had my bra strap-length hair cut into a jaw-length bob. I love it and it definitely suits me.

I've never straightened my hair as it's naturally straight, although as I've got older it's not totally poker-straight like it used to be. When I style it I use my BBH, or blow-dry with a round brush or even just a paddle brush, and it looks fine - it's a very good cut.

But I don't blow-dry my hair every day, and quite often I just comb conditioner through after exercise and let it dry naturally. I quite like the messy result I get (especially if I've slept on it blush) but I'd like to get a slightly more styled look the next day, without washing/conditioning and drying again.

I want to achieve a look that's messy, slightly curly, but styled rather than just slept-on - kind of like this www.pinterest.com/pin/235383517997906928/

I've looked at a few YouTube tutorials that show how to style a messy/beach-wavy bob. Would straighteners or a curling iron be better for this? I'm reluctant to spend £90 on straighteners, but curling irons give me the Fear a bit. I'm crap at styling my hair and fortunate that I've got away with doing the bare minimum for 40 years.

Any suggestions?

WhyIRayLiotta Mon 24-Feb-14 21:29:11

That hair do is lovely.

I have long hair - and sometimes I wash it the night before and let it air dry (mainly cos I can't be arsed drying it.)

My hair is somewhere between straight and wavy - but I'd never wear it in its natural state as it just looks messy. What I do is use the wand

I love it. Basically I section my hair into about 5 pieces, wrap each section around the wand and hold for a count of 10-15 seconds. I let them drop and cool then brush through. Takes less than a minute to do my whole head and it leaves my hair like This

I don't use any product and it lasts all day.

Amethyst24 Mon 24-Feb-14 21:35:12

Aha, that's exactly the look I am after WhyIRay. And a mere 20 squid! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now