Talk

Advanced search

Quality clothing in the winter sales for use the following fall/winter...

(3 Posts)
SnowBells Mon 24-Feb-14 18:36:19

Do you sometimes buy winter clothing in the sales to use in the next fall/winter season?

After being a little bored with buying cheap coats that last maybe a year (and don't look nice at all after a few months), I decided to splash on more expensive coats - but in the Sales. So far, I got one rain jacket from a well-known brand that was reduced to less than 50% of its original value, as well as a wool/cashmere coat reduced to 50% of its original value. Mind you - they are still not ridiculously cheap. Each one cost me several hundreds.

I tend to go for classic - nearly boring - coats that won't go out of style much. I am hoping they will last me a good few years. DH will probably ask why I bought coats now.

Does anyone do the same?

Shopgirl1 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:20:08

Yes, I bought a By Malene Birger and a Isabel Marant coat in the sales and they are both classic coats that I'll be wearing next year.

SnowBells Mon 24-Feb-14 19:26:38

Shopgirl1

How will you store them? Just ordered a load of garment bags to make sure they won't get dusty...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now