Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows help please!

(10 Posts)
TwoThreeFourSix Mon 24-Feb-14 14:45:39

My eyebrows are pretty awful I think. I was reading a thread about looking pulled together and loads of people mentionned eyebrows.

My problem is that I plucked my eyebrows too much loads when I was a teenager, and now even if I don't touch them for weeks, there's hardly any growth.

So I'm stuck with my current shape. I don't think threading would do anything, because I don't think I should take anymore off (when I got make up advice for my wedding the bloke bollocked me saying my eyebrows were a lost cause and I'd taken too much off sad )

Other problem, is that my eyebrow hairs are a bit curly, so stick out from my face in a U-shape and don't lie flat, especially the hairs towards the outer part of the eye.

Any ideas? Should I just use make up? I rarely wear make up, but think it's probably the only thing I could do (am a make up novice too!)

Thanks

frankie4 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:04:37

My eyebrows are similar to yours and I use an eyebrow pencil (best one is by MAC) to fill in the gaps and make them more defined.

TwoThreeFourSix Wed 26-Feb-14 09:11:23

Thanks will look into that smile

Plumpysoft Wed 26-Feb-14 09:19:31

I would have HD brows and see what the technician says. And maybe use grow, baby, grow to help them grow back x

AdorabeezleWinterpop Wed 26-Feb-14 09:20:30

I've just started getting HD brows done. At the first consultation the beautician looked at my face shape to determine what the best eyebrow shape would be for me. She then tinted/waxed/threaded my brows, leaving the areas she thinks need to 'grow in'. My eyebrows look loads better and, as the sparser patches grow back, they will be even better.

It was £18, which isn't particularly cheap, but I do think eyebrows are worth investing in. I've vowed to go every four weeks and step away from the tweezers myself.

BTW - some HD brows can look very fake but the technician will do a consultation with you to see what you are going for. Mine are well-defined but natural looking!

Mrswellyboot Wed 26-Feb-14 09:26:35

I also had hd brows done. I can't afford to keep getting them done at the minute so I bought the HD brow foxy kit and do them myself every morning. It has a really good pigment and lasts all day. The other day I bought a brow mascara in boots and it also made a difference.

Try the HD brows and then tidy it yourself in between, I tint mine using an at home kit.

TwoThreeFourSix Wed 26-Feb-14 09:31:32

That sounds interesting. I dont live in the UK but am back for a week this summer - is one appointment then a home kit enough?

Botanicbaby Wed 26-Feb-14 09:32:35

Threading would be perfect for you as long as you go to someone who is good (there are some rubbish ones out there).

Don't know where you are based but I highly rate the Brow counter at Debenhams on Oxford St. in London. The women there really know what they are doing. Best to stick to the same person for your brows once you find a good 'un.

Botanicbaby Wed 26-Feb-14 09:33:38

oops x-post.

Are there any threading salons/beauty parlours where you live?

Mrswellyboot Wed 26-Feb-14 09:41:52

The the home kit is just eyebrow shadows so to encourage regrowth etc they recommend a series of sessions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now