Talk

Advanced search

Interview attire

(7 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Mon 24-Feb-14 13:05:29

Do you think it would be acceptable to wear a bubble gum pink blazer to an interview?

meditrina Mon 24-Feb-14 13:08:04

What job is the interview for?

Generally no, but in some sectors it'd be fine.

applecrumbleandcream Mon 24-Feb-14 13:12:27

It's for admin in local government, would wear with navy wide leg trousers and pink/navy floral slash neck top. Just stock of wearing boring black really.

applecrumbleandcream Mon 24-Feb-14 13:13:04

stock sorry meant sick of

ThreeBecameFour Mon 24-Feb-14 13:17:58

I think it would be fine if you are wearing it with more conservative clothing and accessories in a less formal environment. If I was interviewing (I know clothing doesn't come into it) I think you would stand out and hopefully in a positive way if you interview well too.

ThreeBecameFour Mon 24-Feb-14 13:18:56

Forgot to add that I would in a non formal (i.e. no need to be suited and booted and can express yourself through clothing to a point) environment

flowery Mon 24-Feb-14 13:19:55

I think avoiding boring black is a good idea, as in a long day of interviews, umpteen candidates dressed in identical black trouser suits can blend into one another somewhat...

If it definitely suits you, and looks appropriately smart, I think that would be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now