Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser using trainees to do colour - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
101handbags Mon 24-Feb-14 11:14:40

I have been going to my hairdressers for nearly 20 years - she is absolutely fantastic, I have no complaints about her whatsoever and would never change. A couple of years ago I started getting my hair coloured at the salon, it now needs colouring every 6 - 8 weeks. Again, I am always happy with the colour, but what's really started to bother me - it never really did up to now - is that the salon uses trainees to do the colour but I still get charged a lot of money. For that money I'd expect an experienced colourist. I just feel a bit cheated. A couple of weeks ago a girl did my colour and she only started training in September. I think this is fine for trainee nights but not for the prices I am paying - WWYD? I am tempted to go elsewhere for my colour as I do feel rather stuck in a rut but stick to my hairdresser for the cut as I am so pleased with her. Has this happened to anyone else?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Feb-14 11:18:26

Not acceptable. I used to go to a trainee when I was skint but I'd pay trainee prices.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Feb-14 11:18:50

Don't go elsewhere. Just tell your hairdresser you want her not the trainee.

Eastpoint Mon 24-Feb-14 11:22:35

I have a junior stylist do my colour now, he's much more enthusiastic about getting even coverage & it saves me £££. Can you book with the junior & pay less? I also get a blowdry done afterwards by a junior, they are pleased & put a lot of effort in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: