Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser using trainees to do colour - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
101handbags Mon 24-Feb-14 11:14:40

I have been going to my hairdressers for nearly 20 years - she is absolutely fantastic, I have no complaints about her whatsoever and would never change. A couple of years ago I started getting my hair coloured at the salon, it now needs colouring every 6 - 8 weeks. Again, I am always happy with the colour, but what's really started to bother me - it never really did up to now - is that the salon uses trainees to do the colour but I still get charged a lot of money. For that money I'd expect an experienced colourist. I just feel a bit cheated. A couple of weeks ago a girl did my colour and she only started training in September. I think this is fine for trainee nights but not for the prices I am paying - WWYD? I am tempted to go elsewhere for my colour as I do feel rather stuck in a rut but stick to my hairdresser for the cut as I am so pleased with her. Has this happened to anyone else?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Feb-14 11:18:26

Not acceptable. I used to go to a trainee when I was skint but I'd pay trainee prices.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Feb-14 11:18:50

Don't go elsewhere. Just tell your hairdresser you want her not the trainee.

Eastpoint Mon 24-Feb-14 11:22:35

I have a junior stylist do my colour now, he's much more enthusiastic about getting even coverage & it saves me £££. Can you book with the junior & pay less? I also get a blowdry done afterwards by a junior, they are pleased & put a lot of effort in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now