Talk

Advanced search

Can I share my latest find with you all?

(23 Posts)
Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 09:28:58

Ok so I've had a serious outbreak of perioral dermatitis which has been miserable.
I had some fab advice here which I followed but in my research I came across "traditional west African black soap" looks like cake and is very cheap and has really helped to clear up my skin.
I have also noticed my 46 yr old skin is soft and dewy and improving every day. It's so smooth as well and I hardly need moisturiser although I do still use a light one.
It's supposed to be good for many things so I just thought I'd share.

SilverSixpence Mon 24-Feb-14 09:39:28

Sounds interesting, great news that it's helped your skin, I read your post about it before

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 09:48:37

Thanks, have a google, it's a bit of a miracle. I washed my hair with it yesterday and it's really volumous today

CuntyBunty Mon 24-Feb-14 09:52:46

I wonder if it would improve my spotty skin?

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 10:01:44

Try it, I got mine on amazon for about 3 quid, you get loads of it, got to be worth a try.

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 12:35:07

Bumping this after seeing my lovely skin in the mirror just now!

balenciaga Mon 24-Feb-14 13:54:07

oh wow sounds amazing!

CuntyBunty Mon 24-Feb-14 13:55:04

Thanks Ledkr, I will smile

RonaldMcDonald Mon 24-Feb-14 14:06:06

ooooo sounds fab but by nature I'm a spotty old cow, under control now but I might try for my hair

FrugalFashionista Mon 24-Feb-14 14:09:12

Fantastic Ledekr! Perioral is awful, glad your skin is better. I swear by soap too and have ditched nearly everything else...

EzrasMummy Mon 24-Feb-14 14:09:29

It's really good at taking makeup off too. Im from Ghana and it's made there. leaves you squeaky clean

Coumarin Mon 24-Feb-14 16:29:28

What's in it? Sounds good.

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 21:56:37

I don't know, it's just so lovely and moisturising and yes it removes all traces of make up. I take my eye make up off with avene then washe with the soap spray with avene water stuff and moisturise with avene tolerance cream.
On mn advice I have stopped fluoride and SLS, I've had a course of anti b but I'm hoping it won't come back.
My sister is trying the soap on her sore hands too.

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 21:58:18

frugal what soap do you use? I'm sure you told me but I forgot.

treaclesoda Mon 24-Feb-14 22:08:21

I had never heard of this condition, but I googled and now I wonder if I might have it? grin

Seriously though, for a couple of months my skin has been red, sore, bumpy, spotty, itchy and flaking, all at once hmm but only on the lower half of my face.

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 22:10:44

Sounds like it, I have had it years to a lesser degree but it flared up after I was wrongly prescribed steroids, have aged google and do some self help stuff or try the soap, it's a horrible condition.

treaclesoda Mon 24-Feb-14 22:14:40

well, that's a revelation, and it would certainly explain why trying to treat it as acne wasn't helping. ..

OneLittleLady Mon 24-Feb-14 22:19:28

Do you know if the soap would be any good for very dry skin? I get terribly flakey skin because it's so dry, don't often suffer with spots other than hormonal ones, which can leave horrible red scars for months after and I do have sensitive skin which is why I'm trying to simplify my skincare so less chance of reactions

Ledkr Mon 24-Feb-14 22:35:42

I'm not sure, have you googled it? It doesn't leave my skin dry like normal soap but I have fairly oily skin, I do use a moisturiser after though, have you tried Avene, it's lovely and boots have 3 for 2 at the moment.

treaclesoda Tue 25-Feb-14 09:34:43

Ledkr could you recommend a particular brand on Amazon? I googled and there seem to be loads, some quite cheap, some more expensive. I don't want to spend a lot, but at the same time, no point buying super cheap if its all artificial and not the real deal...

CuntyBunty Tue 25-Feb-14 14:10:57

www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-African-Black-Soap-90g/dp/B00DO59YS2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393337371&sr=8-3&keywords=traditional+west+african+black+soap
Is this it, Led?

CuntyBunty Tue 25-Feb-14 14:16:24

I've just ordered it anyway: it was the one that looked the most like cake to me.

Ledkr Tue 25-Feb-14 14:48:22

Sorry I was at work. Yes that's like the one I got.
I hope it works for you. I had comments on my skin today and my make up seems to go on better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now