Talk

Advanced search

do you wear moisturiser under tinted moisturiser?!

(11 Posts)
milkyman Mon 24-Feb-14 09:12:33

I have no idea! grin

frankietwospots Mon 24-Feb-14 09:13:59

I do yes. I see the moisturiser as part of my skin care regime and the tinted moisturiser as part of my make-up regime. But I would leave a few minutes between applying the moisturiser before the tinted moisturiser so that it has chance to sink into your skin.

Floisme Mon 24-Feb-14 13:29:05

I wouldn't. A tinted moisturiser should be able to moisturise and give you a bit of colour. If it doesn't then it's not fit for purpose. In my opinion.

jetSTAR Mon 24-Feb-14 13:33:10

I have always wondered that too! I used to do both but now I just do the tinted one and hope it works!
Which tinted moisturiser do you use? I am always on the lookout for a good one (currently using oil of olay)

mrssmith79 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:38:31

I do. I have very dry skin so apply my normal moisturiser then give it 20 mins or so to sink in before applying tinted.

laregina Mon 24-Feb-14 13:44:49

Yes and no - I use a serum then apply my tinted moisturiser. If I used serum, moisturiser then tinted moisturiser I would be a shiny mess!

Jet I use Nivea Visage tinted moisturiser. It's so cheap (about £4) but it's the best I've ever tried by far.

Glitterfeet Mon 24-Feb-14 14:12:49

Yes. I use moisturizer straight after washing my face, then later using a tinted one instead of foundation.

TheJumped Mon 24-Feb-14 14:40:48

I used to do both as I have dry skin, but I find the two clag together horribly and cause lumpy bits and dry flaky patches. Someone (Frugal maybe?) on here explained if you use water based products and oil based products they can clash. But I guess if you use products that work well together then why not. I think the less products the better though.

Ujjayi Mon 24-Feb-14 15:01:58

I use both when using Lancome's Hydra Zen tinted moisturiser (I use a Clarin's anti-ageing cream). This particular brand used to be very moisturising but they switched the formula to make it a BB cream and now it isn't anywhere near as good, IMO.

I have gone back to using Chanel's tinted moisturiser and it is fab. Needs nothing beneath - very rich without being greasy.

MrsMarigold Mon 24-Feb-14 15:11:22

In Space NK they told me you should always wear moisturiser under tinted moisturiser. I used to opt for stuff for mature skin rather than tinted moisturiser but discovered moisturiser and tinted moisturiser a better combo. This was Laura Mercier.

Although I'm currently loving Boots Botanics BB cream (£5) with moisturiser underneath.

coffeeinbed Mon 24-Feb-14 18:57:33

Serum, moisturiser, tinted moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now