Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about "Steamcream"

(16 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 23-Feb-14 20:53:09

I've seen it on Amazon and read the information on the website.

I like the ethics behind the brand and of course the tins (though I'm not sure if I could open them with my morning hands - a bit stiff and non functioning first thing)

But £12 ish for 75ml ?
Worth a try?

(I thought I saw it in Tescos once. Did I imagine this? )

TIA smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 23-Feb-14 20:54:51

Where did the &quo t; come from?
I didn't type that confused

PeazlyPops Sun 23-Feb-14 21:01:45

I found it really greasy, I broke out in spots after using it.

ListenToTheLady Sun 23-Feb-14 23:20:29

I was swept along with the hype (mostly liked the tin) and tried it, but it was too heavy for my spot-prone skin, and the smell was not quite right – kind of lavendery but with something else in there I didn't like. I've just finished the pot (leaving me with lovely tin to put pins in or something) by using it on my feet and legs.

Here's my tin, v nice it is too, but in conclusion - meh.

I keep a tin of it in my swimming bag - I need heavy duty moisturising when I get out of the pool, but I would find it too rich for evey day I think and the smell is a bit overpowering. It would make a good handcream I think. Mine was given to me, so I'm not sure where it was bought.

Aquelven Mon 24-Feb-14 01:58:44

The big Tescos do sell it & have lots of different tins to choose from.
It is quite heavy & very lavender but I like the smell.

netty36 Mon 24-Feb-14 05:05:51

Love the smell and tin but even too sticky for my body.

Hopefully Mon 24-Feb-14 08:57:08

It's nice, but not amazing. Not worth the £££ unless you can afford to pay for the ethics, iykwim.

TulipOHare Mon 24-Feb-14 11:27:22

I love it and use it most nights. A little goes a long way.

Mignonette Mon 24-Feb-14 11:28:39

Lasts forever and I love it. They follow me on Twitter and I get sent freebies smile.

Mignonette Mon 24-Feb-14 11:31:25

Posted too soon- not something I'd recommend for greasy or combination skins but my normal to dry skin drinks it up like Ambrosia. It is one of those creams that makes me want to eat it {shock] as it looks and sounds so tempting. Ethics do play a part but the product has to work. I also use good old Nivea in the little round tin because again, I love a heavy cream. My final recommendation is Clinique City Block- that is like Central Heating for your skin. Gorgeous in the cold weather.

CecyHall Mon 24-Feb-14 11:35:10

I have been using it as night cream a few times a week, my combi skin can just about handle it but I couldn't use it daytime or all the time. I think I might use the rest in my body though as I'm not keen on the scent on my face.

BornToFolk Mon 24-Feb-14 11:42:38

I use it as a night cream and love it. My skin is normal to dry and if I wasn't using Steam Cream, I'd use Niva. I got a couple of Christmas themed tins very cheaply in Tesco in January, I'm only about 3/4 way through the first tin so far.

I wish they'd sell it in plain tins for less money! I'm really not fussed by the fancy tins.

CecyHall Mon 24-Feb-14 11:44:56

On my body, not in my body obviously, that isn't recommended!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 24-Feb-14 20:38:36

thanks for all the replies.

i have a 'normal' skin so it probably would be too heavy for me, and it's very pricey for a hand cream.
and i can't abide lavender so that's another minus for me. sad

WhereIsMyHat Mon 24-Feb-14 21:32:28

I love it, it's light and smells good. I use it on my face, I have normal skin and it suits me perfectly. I do react to some mainstream creams in way of red patches but never with this. I definitely don't find it in any way heavy.

£11.60 for two pots here so £5.80 www.amazon.co.uk/STEAMCREAM-AMAZA-Steamcream-Party-Pamper/dp/B00ET0PRBO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393277462&sr=8-1&keywords=Steamcream

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now