Talk

Advanced search

if you have very blonde eyebrows

(27 Posts)
thriftychic Sun 23-Feb-14 16:55:19

what do you use to darken them and make them look decent when you wear makeup ?
mine are really fair and you can hardly see them !

bunnymother Sun 23-Feb-14 16:57:03

Dye them. I bought a brown eyebrow kit from Amazon that I use every few weeks or so, and it takes them a couple of shades darker. It would make them even darker if I left the dye on for longer than a couple of minutes.

noddyholder Sun 23-Feb-14 16:58:26

I use a light brown mascara always have and it has kind of stained them ove rthe years and now I can get away with none sometimes

McNally Sun 23-Feb-14 16:59:07

I'm too chicken to dye mine so use brow gel. I'm very fair too and use the Blink one in cinnamon spice. Think gel is foolproof and not sure dye is!

ithaka Sun 23-Feb-14 17:03:37

I use a brown dye kit - it really makes a difference to my face having brows you can see.

Floisme Sun 23-Feb-14 17:08:04

I just brush on a bit of neutral/light brown eye shadow. It gives my face a bit more definition but anything stronger just looks weird. I haven't got the nerve to dye them.

MrsBungle Sun 23-Feb-14 17:09:25

Dye or the avon eye brow crayon.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 23-Feb-14 17:11:42

Tattoos

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 23-Feb-14 17:13:56

Either benefit brow kit or soap and glory Archery. Tried the Avon powder kit, not as good as benefit.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 23-Feb-14 17:14:56

My eyebrows are so fair it's ridiculous and I hate it. I have very short hair so feel like I really need them to be visible. I use the Benefit brow kit but I am toying with the idea of getting them tinted. I think I will actually it's just making the time to get it done regularly.

FadBook Sun 23-Feb-14 17:15:41

I use this from Benefit

It's awesome and not too dark

lurkingaround Sun 23-Feb-14 17:15:58

I dye mine with a brown dye kit from Boots. Makes a huge difference.
It is only makeup/hair thing DH notices. Seriously, I could have a facelift and he wouldn't notice. Dye my eyebrows and 'oh you look nice, have you done something'. The only thing he notices.

FadBook Sun 23-Feb-14 17:16:37

I also get the tinted every couple of months when I have time

turkeyboots Sun 23-Feb-14 17:18:18

Eyebrow pencil from Body Shop. I react badly to the dye (and it never lasts more than a week).

planestrainsautomobiles Sun 23-Feb-14 17:23:31

Benefit has just brought out a new product, it looks like a mini mascara and they have different colours available. My SIL bought one on Friday and it does look great, you can build up the product as you wish. I tried it on too and it's really good.

www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/gimme-brow

kaumana Sun 23-Feb-14 17:28:19

I dye my own. Used to pay £ 10 at the beauticians every few weeks but now I pay £6 for Eyelure dye which lasts me about 4 months. Pretty much full proof.

However if you a tinting virgin. Go to a beautician. They will normally check the developing colour to see what shade you are happy with.

thriftychic Sun 23-Feb-14 17:37:46

wow thanks for all the suggestions ! i dont think i trust myself with dye lol . The benefit gimme brow stuff looks good

enriquetheringbearinglizard Sun 23-Feb-14 18:46:49

I use This applied with a tiny lip liner brush.

Leviticus Sun 23-Feb-14 18:54:44

Get them tinted. There is a big difference between the look of fair brows with powder or crayon on top and the hairs themselves being actually darker IMO. Try it once and see.

sugar4eva Sun 23-Feb-14 19:04:36

I tint mine and fill with brow stuff from benefit. You don't have to dye dark but can buy mid or pale shades of brow dye from prof suppliers via e bay. That's what I do ; I have red tones and dye mine a red brown not dark brown .it cost 6 and has lasted. 6 months so far .

Catswiththumbs Sun 23-Feb-14 20:54:11

I tint with eyelure and fill in with browzings when I want super thick strong brows (contrast with white/lilac/silver hair)

I also like the rimmel eyebrow pencil in dark blonde

Catswiththumbs Sun 23-Feb-14 20:56:10

Whoops I meant maybelline- I don't like the rimmel one!

RandomMess Sun 23-Feb-14 21:05:38

Collection 2000 do a fantastic eyebrow definer for blondes, get it for dd is fabby.

ratqueen Sun 23-Feb-14 21:19:12

I have always used Rimmel eyebrow pencil in light brown. I sometimes get them dyed too but it's a bit of a faff having to keep on top of it...

ushiemama Sun 23-Feb-14 23:01:29

After lots of wasted money on dyes, I find the best make up for eyebrows is "Revlon Vital Radiance" Eyebrow powder (ebay) I don't know what I'd do without it. It's cheap, about £4, comes in a few colours, blonde, brunette & dark brown. there's a small brush inside the pack, but I
prefer using Body Shops angled eyebrow brush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now