Talk

Advanced search

Bra size help, pretty please!

(11 Posts)
AmyLea Sun 23-Feb-14 16:51:27

Is there anyone who can advise on how to work out my bra size? I have a wide back and small boobs, and I am probably wearing the wrong size, but nothing seems comfortable. If I get the right cup size I have to go big in the back so it doesn't massively dig in, but then I never seem to get any support! Please help!

Measure as described here and post up your measurements.

I would hazard a guess that the "right size" you've been told to wear is wrong and you're stuck trying to adjust from somewhere that's miles off.

When you post your measurements let me know what size you are wearing just now

happygirl87 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:08:45

Hi statistically can you work your magic? Am at 33.5 and 41, so am I a 32/4 EE? (Am a chunky size 14) Just bought a 34 E and its a big improvement on my previous 36D!

Main thing is I have boobs set quite far apart, so look for styles that push them together (would love a proper cleavage)- so I avoid balcony and look for plunge usually, but don't want padding....

Can get myself to Bravissimo and experiment, just wondered what you'd recommend.

Thanks!

There isn't a EE in most UK bras - they go A,B,C,D,DD,E,F,FF,G...... so your measurements put you at around a 34E/Fish, possibly a 32 in some brands/bras

IME the best plunges (especially if you are naturally wide set) will have light moulding or padding - not to the extent that it actually makes them bigger but it strengthens the cups a bit. Finding the right cleavage bra is a trial and error thing - I'd try Freya Deco, Bravissimo Satine, Curvy Kate Tempt me/wild/flaunt, panache porcelain plunge, wonderbra d-g t shirt, and possibly the gossard superboost. Hopefully one of those should suit. Generally I only wear plunges under v necks, as I think under higher necks balconettes tend to give a nicer line

EwanHoozami Sun 23-Feb-14 20:55:35

Could someone kindly do my measurements? I don't think I own two bras the same size. I just measured as 33 underneath and 37 around the boobage. I find most bras uncomfortable and have resorted to wearing a yoga bra which does nowt for my shape. Thankingyou.

SorrelForbes Sun 23-Feb-14 20:58:52

Try a 32DD/D and a 34C/D. I suspect the 32DD will be the best fit.

What size(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Plumpysoft Sun 23-Feb-14 21:00:05

I just measured myself as 32 under bust and 42 boobs at 90 degrees!! I'm horrified!! That's 32 GG?!!!! Currently in 34 dd....

EwanHoozami Sun 23-Feb-14 21:04:37

Cheers! I'm wearing a 34d mostly so I'm not far off. I'll try some 32s next time. I'll bin the 38c that I bought on a fat day..

SorrelForbes Sun 23-Feb-14 21:05:51

Plumpysoft Honestly, a 32GG really isn't that big. I'm a 30GG and my bras don't look particularly large.

However, a 32GG is 4 cups bigger than your current bra. If you scoop whilst wearing your 34DD, do you get overspill?

SorrelForbes Sun 23-Feb-14 21:06:59

Yep, I'd get rid of the 38C!

Plumpysoft Sun 23-Feb-14 21:09:53

Thanks Sorrel. A bit, but not ridiculously

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now