Talk

Advanced search

Help me dress for world book day....Adult costume required

(13 Posts)
FabMum1 Sun 23-Feb-14 16:22:03

Not sure if I'm on the right thread here but I need help deciding what to wear for World Book Day.
I'm a teacher in Reception (aged 4-5) and want to go as something age appropriate

Help smile

Sleepthief Sun 23-Feb-14 16:28:06

The tiger who came to tea? An alien in underpants? The witch from Room on the Broom?

wonderpants Sun 23-Feb-14 16:49:07

Thing 1 (or 2) t-shirt and blue wig. Can be put away for following years.

StyleOverSubstance Sun 23-Feb-14 18:06:25

Where's Wally?
Bobble Hat, stripe jumper and Jeans, pair of glasses - done!

Winnie the Witch - stripe tights, black dress, black cape or shawl, witches hat. Even better if you can find a broomstick left over from a Halloween costume.

Otherwise, have a look on the supermarket's websites as a lot of them do adult sized costumes that could be adapted or look at the childrens costumes for inspiration.

Good luck and have fun!

WhoWasThatMaskedWoman Sun 23-Feb-14 18:20:51

I've been watching reruns of Frasier, so my first thought was Ros going to a fancy dress party as O from The Story of O.

However, for a KS1 class I think you might be better off with a witch costume as McGonnagall/Miss Hardbroom/Winnie the Witch/Room on the Broom witch especially if you can find a large dark piece of cloth to wear as a cloak. Hats are readily available from party shops, or made from cardboard (good idea to grab one from Poundland next Halloween). Stuffed cat or broomstick both good if you can find/make them. Green face paint if you really want to push the boat out.

WhoWasThatMaskedWoman Sun 23-Feb-14 18:23:04

Or check out the animal onesies in Primark to see which ones fit a book. Giraffes can't dance, tigers come to tea, cats walk by themselves.

OrlaNuttin Sun 23-Feb-14 18:26:04

Oo I saw a genius very hungry caterpillar once. The teacher wore a green sleeping bag in the morning with deely boppers. She'd attached bits of play food to it too. In the afternoon, she took off the sleeping bag and wore some wings! Great stuff!

CMOTDibbler Sun 23-Feb-14 18:31:45

Sailor hat and chunky jumper = Mrs Mc Coll in Katie Morag

MrsLettuce Sun 23-Feb-14 20:10:22

The Very Hungry Caterpillar idea is amazing!

Ruprekt Sun 23-Feb-14 20:13:04

I am going as Mr Twit! gringringringrin

Got wig, ordered beard, got cornflakes for beard.

Going to charity shirt for a fugly shirt and tie....gonna stuff pillow up my shirt to make myself bigger! smilesmile

MrsLettuce Sun 23-Feb-14 20:14:15

grin Ruprekt

Ruprekt Sun 23-Feb-14 22:53:55

Heehee MrsLettuce!

Kids will be aghast!

StyleOverSubstance Mon 24-Feb-14 08:29:24

Love the Hungry Caterpillar idea Orla, that is pure genius.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now