Talk

Advanced search

Are there any waterproof eyeliners that do what they are supposed to?

(11 Posts)
bigbuttons Sun 23-Feb-14 10:34:00

That's it really. I am looking for something that doesn't break the bank and stays put for more than a couple of hours! Any suggestions?

FluffyDucky Sun 23-Feb-14 10:41:50

Soap & Glory pencil (khol pencil I think?) is brill! Really rich pigment so goes on so easily and doesn't tend to go everywhere apart from your eye lol!

ggirl Sun 23-Feb-14 10:45:43

Sadly I don't think there is one that stays put all day.
Some are much better than others but they still fade or smudge eventually.
I have oily lids and watery eyes (great combo) and have tried all sorts .

My daily one is estee lauder doublewear eye pencil.Doesn't smudge and I find if I put it on over a primer like Mac paint pot shadow it lasts longer. Still gone by the end of working day though.

Bobbi brown longwear gel eyeliner is good too , but only if it's used above the line of my eyelashes , tightlining with it creates a mess as it spreads to my lower lid waterline which is a look I don't like

Avon gel eyeliner pencil was lauded on here as long lasting but I find the EL one longer wearing on me.

stationtostation Sun 23-Feb-14 10:45:48

Eyeko Skinny pen liner is brilliant, I got one free in a magazine last year and it doesn't budge. I always have watery eyes in the winter wind and it says on all day.

MrsLettuce Sun 23-Feb-14 10:51:47

Maybelline Lasting Drama gel liner is very good. Takes some shifting even at the end of the day. The brush it comes with is a bit meh but the product its self is brilliant.

bigbuttons Sun 23-Feb-14 12:23:06

Thanks so much I shall check them out! I have heard about the soap and glory
one.
I am being a bit dense but what exactly it 'tightlining"?

ggirl Sun 23-Feb-14 14:36:36

tightlining is when you line below your upper lashes -gives a natural look

especially good for hooded/saggy/older eyelids grin

loads of youtube videos

TallulahBetty Sun 23-Feb-14 15:27:21

Avon Glimmersticks are lovely and last all day on me.

jasmine1979 Sun 23-Feb-14 15:38:42

I'm usually a fan of high end make-up but I completely swear by collection 24 hour extreme eyeliner. It only costs a few £ as well, and it's often 2 for £5. I swim a lot and this stuff just does not shift. It's amazing. www.boots.com/en/Collection2000-Extreme-24hfelt-tip-liner_1160659/

I also really like mac blacktrack gel eyeliner which is also excellent. It's more pricey at about £13 I think, but a little pot lasts a really long time. smile

verdiletta Sun 23-Feb-14 15:41:15

I like Rimmel waterproof eyeliner (I use the plum one). Probably not the best stayability but it never smudges and it's really cheap.

bigbuttons Sun 23-Feb-14 15:57:01

Ha ha *tightlining is when you line below your upper lashes -gives a natural look

especially good for hooded/saggy/older eyelids*
that'll be me then

I have ordered a maybelline from ebay (good old ebay) and will check out the collection 2000 the Rimmel and the Avon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now