Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what to wear... please help!

(3 Posts)
pantsjustpants Sun 23-Feb-14 10:14:40

I'm lost! I've lost 3 stone recently and am now exercising a lot so I'm toning up. But clothes wise, I've lost my way and literally don't know what to wear.

I'm 43, 5ft 4", pear shape, size 12. I work in electrical engineering and don't need to be smart but do need to be tidy. I hate scruffy anyway...

At the moment I've got some DP stretchy skinny jeggings in black and navy, they're great as they look like proper skinnies but have lasted a lot longer as I could buy them a bit smaller. I have a lovely Boden dress that I wear quite a bit, a shortish black stretchy skirt which goes with various jumpers and a shortish t-shirt style dress but in a thick jersey. These are the things I like, everything else makes me feel frumpy. In lots of ways I still feel fat...

What else do I buy? I walk into clothes shops and walk out again at the moment...

Hopefully Sun 23-Feb-14 10:17:36

Do you have any idea what kind of look you want to go for? How about setting up a board on Pinterest and gathering a few looks you like? Or looking into the personal shopper/image consultant type thing (disclaimer: I'm one of those so obviously I think they're wonderful grin)

If you like jeans, it sounds like you could do with a couple of decent pairs of jeans to go with the various jumpers to mix things up a bit.

Pinterest can also be good for capsule wardrobe inspiration, to get maximum mileage from a few items of clothing.

pantsjustpants Sun 23-Feb-14 11:11:49

I've no idea, and that's just compounding the problem really. I've always been a bit on the hippy side, but it doesn't feel right anymore. I feel like I want to grow up iykwim.

I'm a bit of a Pinterest virgin although I do have an account. I'll investigate that today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now