Talk

Advanced search

Pears

(3 Posts)
skillsandtea Sun 23-Feb-14 08:55:57

Not sure if this is S&B or Exercise but what can I do to minimise my pear-shape. I feel very self conscious about it and I look at people who complain about being apple shaped and think "but you can do so much to disguise it!" I know that boot cut jeans are supposed to even out your shape but, no-way, I love my skinnies too much. I try to run but get bored. Would this even make any difference? I don't want to be frumpy.

Snowdown Sun 23-Feb-14 09:08:54

Doesn't matter how much you diet and run, you will most likely always be a pear but the thinner you are the easier it will be to dress. Run for your health, if you don't enjoy running do something else, but running is not a magic bullet for weight loss or toning.
Loose tops with skinnies - something that increases your shoulder width, jackets?

lurkingaround Sun 23-Feb-14 12:29:57

I am also a pear. Since I've had a shape I've been a pear. And no matter what exercise I've done, I've been a pear. I do the usual ding-dong: patterned/detailed tops, jackets with a decent shoulder, plain bottoms, A-line skirts, etc etc.

What I'd like to know is how did Beyoncé change her shape. She used to be a decent pear, and at the Grammys she wasn't. How did she do that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now