Talk

Advanced search

Evening dress while breastfeeding...

(11 Posts)
MultipleMama Sun 23-Feb-14 04:33:22

It's my birthday next Wednesday and DH has hired out a venue. I want to look amazing and elegant; like I would on a kid free night out. Not like a zombified, half-dressed mama with a kid on each boob while wearing a birthday sash!

I am ebf twins on demand so need something simple but easy enough to pop out the milk jugs!

I don't like maxi dresses (I'm big boobed and hate not wearing a decent bra). The only dresses I have are zip ups at the back and tight fitting.

Any ideas?

lovetheseasons1 Sun 23-Feb-14 05:25:37

Marking my place as I need a dress to attend a wedding soon and I am ebf my daughter. smile

lovetheseasons1 Sun 23-Feb-14 05:26:38

Hope you have a very happy birthday

PastaandCheese Sun 23-Feb-14 06:59:19

I would get a breastfeeding dress from somewhere like Tiffany Rose / Seraphine etc.

I am due #2 any day and have a wedding at Easter and will be doing this.

I went to a wedding when my DD was 4 months and chose maxi dress with wrap neckline. It wasn't great. She wanted feeding in the church and as it was a family wedding we were in the second row. I suddenly felt so self conscious having never been bothered about feeding in public.

A dress with a flap that kept my neckline covered would have been much better for me that day.

That said I went to a wedding when she was 10 months and could time feeds so she would only need one so I just chose exactly what I wanted and went to my room to feed her as it involved taking my dress off!

LaTrucha Sun 23-Feb-14 07:50:52

Two nice ones here

Looks ok but might be too drapet really

plainer but could use again

LaTrucha Sun 23-Feb-14 07:52:59

possible

Sunnysummer Sun 23-Feb-14 08:26:53

There are some lovely ones at Isabella Oliver too, with draping that's great for the better endowed!

Also, there are often really nice IO / Tiffany Rose / Serpahine evening dresses on eBay and are excellent deals, as people wear them once and sell on in great condition. Have fun! smile

Minnieisthedevilmouse Sun 23-Feb-14 08:28:34

Budget? I'd go Isabella Oliver wrap type as forgiving and work when not connected to kids. Wash and keep well too. Often come up big so try smaller size first....

HemlockYewglimmer Sun 23-Feb-14 09:52:57

I have this one: www.izzysmum.co.uk/p/MV-SDTW/sophia-nursing-dress/#.UwnETOcgGSM

It falls really nicely, can be dressed up or down, is easy to feed in and I still wear it to work now even though I'm not breastfeeding anymore.

MultipleMama Sun 23-Feb-14 14:28:12

Thanks ladies. I'd like something above the knee that doesn't look like it's one of those wrap dresses. I'll have a look the websites, who knew there was so many!

Are there any that aren't fully stretch material all over? I need something that goes with my spiked jeffery campbells.

MultipleMama Sun 23-Feb-14 14:32:44

LaTrucha - I like that last one! I also like the coffee bean one too but's it's not the colour I need, may buy it anyway for another time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now