Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have this palette?

(15 Posts)
chardom Sat 22-Feb-14 20:25:50

I'm thinking of buying Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and was wondering if anyone has used this. I don't really like shimmering eyeshadows, especially for daytime, so I thought this might be ok. Any opinions?

Deathwatchbeetle Sat 22-Feb-14 22:58:56

Nope but why not check out reviews on youtube. They will show swatches for sure.

jasmine1979 Sat 22-Feb-14 23:13:58

I have this and I love it. I use it nearly every single day. The colours are all matte apart from one which can be used to add a bit of shimmer or as a highlighter on the inner eye or browbone.
I love make-up palettes and if I could choose only one it would have to be this one. Every single colour can actually be used unlike most palettes for me where there are always several colours that I'm never going to touch. It can be built up to a smokey look, but I love it because it's so easy to just do a light natural look.
Quality is excellent. Very buttery and smooth in texture.

Philoslothy Sat 22-Feb-14 23:16:29

I have one and use it often have also bought quite a few as gifts and they have always gone down well.

peasandlove Sun 23-Feb-14 09:04:45

I recently got a MUA pallette and it's really very good, at a fraction of the cost

RonaldMcDonald Sun 23-Feb-14 09:29:19

I have Naked 1 and 2 and think that they are great.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sun 23-Feb-14 10:48:04

I have this palette and think it is excellent. The quality is great and the colours very nice , the only thing for me is that I'd rather it was cooler toned.

DurhamDurham Sun 23-Feb-14 10:54:28

I bought this for my dd for her Christmas stocking, she loves it and spends ages doing her eyes. She has huge brown eyes and knows how to make the most of them. The colours are fab, not shimmery or glittery at all. I tend to just use eye pencil and mascara as I have never got in to the habit of using eye shadows, may be I should start smile

StyleOverSubstance Sun 23-Feb-14 12:05:51

I have naked, naked2 and recently bought naked3 - so I guess that counts as a recommendation! Good depth of colour, staying power and a little goes a long way. Blend well, so lots of different looks from natural daytime to smoky eyes for evening. Lots of tutorials available on-line to show you how to achieve different looks.

chardom Sun 23-Feb-14 12:06:36

Thanks for your replies, I have watched some tutorials on youtube as suggested and I love the results they get. Am off into town today to treat myself!

I haven't got this one but I have Naked 1 and Naked 3, and another brightly coloured urban decay palette (vice i think) and the quality of them is just fabulous.

KellyAB Wed 26-Feb-14 18:46:25

Hi which mua pallet did you go for.?

Sillysarah49 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:45:20

I bought it recently, as I really don't suit shimmery. However they still didn't suit me - I've come to the conclusion eyeshadow just doesn't suit me. Have tried loads and been made up at the counters. Also I was allergic to it and ended up giving it to a friend a couple of weeks ago. I did like the colours though.

peasandlove Thu 27-Feb-14 07:07:56

I bought the MUA smokin pallette and it's really good

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Feb-14 08:36:08

Yes, the naked 1,I don't like 2 it's too shimmery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now