Talk

Advanced search

For the bra ladies

(12 Posts)
SophieLion Sat 22-Feb-14 18:03:22

Hi! I've never posted before but was so impressed when reading through the threads about correct bra sizes that I thought perhaps you would be able to help me too. Always hated my boobs as they so small. Flat-chested hmmand one larger than the other hmmhmm Was A cup before children and now been wearing AA and wondering if I need AAA as my boobs seem too small for all bras hmmhmmhmm

I read the link to the "Bra guru's better bra campaign" blog that you posted and have got the following measurements:

Underneath: 31 inches (or possibly 32) - it was a bit tricky for me as only got a rubbish paper tape measure with inches so kept re-checking with the proper one which is cm only. (Bit shock as always thought I was a 34 or even 36. Perhaps lost weight recently? Or toned up as exercising more... Actually thought I had put on a couple of kilos).

Bust: 35.5 or 36. Again I have two measurements as have quite protruding nipples so tried to squash them down a bit to get the true boob measurement - not that easy when not much to work with!!!!

For the underneath measurement, i am pretty thin and don't have any padding round my ribs.

Are there any places you recommend particular to buy bras from? Have tried max cleavage online and we also have M&S here (I live overseas).

Huge thank you in advance!!! Am very excited to see what you will tell me!!! gringrin

AcaciaBeez Sat 22-Feb-14 18:18:26

From the guide it looks like you'd be a 30E or 30DD but I;m no expert! I'm sure they'll be along soon

As you lack padding start with 32d and work from there. Sadly marks are not great but bristol often do free international delivery

SophieLion Sat 22-Feb-14 19:03:09

Thank you but I am shocked. Literally....
I HAVE to go shopping.

How can my non-existent boobs be a D??!!!!!! Seriously when I don't wear a padded bra, I have NOTHING!!! (Will attempt to re-measure in case I got it all wrong)

So who is a true A or AA then? Do they exist? What measurements would you need?

SophieLion Sat 22-Feb-14 19:05:57

And what brands would you recommend in particular? I will try to find them here smile

ilovepowerhoop Sat 22-Feb-14 19:12:50

to be an A cup there would only be 1 inch difference between the under bust and over bust measurements. AA cups mean the 2 measurements are the same

Can't link but Google thebrabandproject and see what a real 30dd or 32d looks like. Very useful. Not all d's are the same. A 3rd is muuuuch smaller than a 40d

Dillydollydaydream Sat 22-Feb-14 20:14:04

braband
Really good website

Thanks dilly

Dillydollydaydream Sat 22-Feb-14 20:37:10

I've only just realised that I'm probably in totally the wrong sized bras after reading the bra intervention threads!
I've been in a 34c for years thinking it was right but reading bra sizes for different clothing sizes on here I realise that's probably not the case.

SophieLion Mon 24-Feb-14 05:03:48

Thank you all. Going to try to hit the shops today or tomorrow and will Let you know how it goes!

singaporeswing Mon 24-Feb-14 05:29:46

If you are overseas, once you have established your size, figleaves deliver to most locations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now