loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cut my hair last night :)

(4 Posts)
knitknack Sat 22-Feb-14 17:05:42

This is the haircut I did on myself last night:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66mkFGDZrU

Today I can't stop swishing my hair around, I can't believe that taking off so little has transformed it so much, it's soft and swishy and looks seriously 'styled' for the first time in ages... I think it's finally doing the 'bangs' (chin length bits) properly, plus my layers are finally even.

I always cut my own hair (half-way between bra-strap and shoulder), but usually use a self-modified version of the pony-tail haircut... but this, this is a whole different ball-game!

I perched my ipad on the dressing table and went slowly, watching each section and then doing it on myself. I had to share, I know I can't afford a good hairdresser at the moment and I seriously can't believe how good this looks! smile

babySophieRose Sat 22-Feb-14 17:23:52

Glad you like it, i have done it myself before with disastrous results, yes, mine looked just like DIY gone wrong. I'll check out the video, but not sure i want to try to do it again.

knitknack Sat 22-Feb-14 18:27:48

But have you done it THIS way baby? It's very different to the ponytail cut - that's my point!

something2say Sat 22-Feb-14 20:33:32

Well done, you sound pleased.
I cut mine twice recently, went well. I have thick curly hair and the hairdresser did quite a punky rock look so I just snipped the longer bits off and it looks great....
Good fun huh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now