Talk

Advanced search

Stocky 10 yr old. Trousers and Jeans a nightmare to find. Help!

(10 Posts)
VestaCurry Sat 22-Feb-14 16:00:09

Ds2 is built like a rugger player. Very solid, wide muscly thighs, wide waist. I am really struggling to find chinos, jeans etc to fit him. Elder ds1 is willowy so total opposite and I can't hand trousers down.

Plus size M&S school trousers are okish - enough in the adjustable waistband and they contain his muscular thighs grin!

Any ideas as to where I can reliably buy casual trousers that will fit (aside from elasticated track suit bottoms?

barleysugar Sat 22-Feb-14 16:09:12

Have you looked at H&M? I have recently discovered they sell children's clothes in a larger fit, I can't remember the title, something like roomy fit or something!

VestaCurry Sat 22-Feb-14 16:14:07

I haven't looked there online for a while, thanks, will see what they have smile.

Jinkers01 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:32:11

My son the same shape- I found Next good for school trousers and chinos as they do a few styles with adjustable or larger waists. I now buy men's trousers in a shorter leg length for him- again Next good for this. Good luck!

notapizzaeater Sat 22-Feb-14 19:32:59

Bhs does a chunky range. School clothes, jeans etc

OddBoots Sat 22-Feb-14 19:36:41

I've linked this company on another thread as a friend had mentioned them to me and seems happy with them but I've not tried them myself.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 22-Feb-14 19:39:08

Next also do pull on jeans with a ribbed waistband instead of button/zip.

VestaCurry Sun 23-Feb-14 01:26:07

Thanks everyone, lots of choices here, I was getting desperate!

barleysugar Sun 23-Feb-14 08:31:02

They are called Generous Fit- just remembered!

Used2bthin Sun 23-Feb-14 12:03:49

I second bhs (I have a seven year old who wears 12 to 13 clothes.) I have looked but never tried sturdy kids, let me know if anyone has as I would be interested, especially as bhs were a pain about returning the stuff I ordered which didn't fit last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now