Talk

Advanced search

Exchange perfume without receipt

(9 Posts)
getagoldtoof Sat 22-Feb-14 12:48:25

Are there any shops that will allow me to exchange a perfume? My grandmother bought me coco chanel noir eau du parfum, and I am a fussy bugger and like plain old coco chanel. I obviously don't have the receipt, and I would feel ungrateful to ask for the receipt from my grandma.

As it is a straight swap, do you think there are any shops who would exchange?

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 22-Feb-14 14:27:36

No - I would think anywhere would want a receipt - do you not know which shop she bought it from?

IlonaRN Sat 22-Feb-14 15:11:50

If it's still wrapped in its cellophane wrapper and is obviously unopened, you could try and ask somewhere like Boots. Be prepared for them to refuse, though!

WhoNickedMyName Sat 22-Feb-14 15:38:54

Give John Lewis a try - as long as it's still in its cellophane wrapper they'll probably swap it for you.

aylesburyduck Sat 22-Feb-14 16:49:31

Like who I'd be tempted to try John Lewis.

BUT...

Don't be surprised if they won't exchange it. There are a fair few counterfeit perfumes about but I think the counter staff would be able spot a fake.

getagoldtoof Sun 23-Feb-14 18:47:27

Thank you - it feels like it will be a real palaver to do. Might just open it and smell it... it can't be that bad.

cloudskitchen Sun 23-Feb-14 18:49:40

Yes I bet John Lewis would..

WhoNickedMyName Sun 23-Feb-14 19:05:24

Sell it on eBay?

RoxyRobin Sun 23-Feb-14 19:17:00

A couple of years ago DH was bought a bottle of Dior's Eau Sauvage aftershave. He much prefers the edt, so I asked at the Dior counter in John Lewis if it would be possible to exchange it even though I had no receipt. The assistant said it would be fine. (I didn't take up the offer as when I mentioned it to DM she said she'd like it as a present for her brother).

So don't be afraid to ask!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now