Talk

Advanced search

Skin advice for 13yo DD

(3 Posts)
JasonOgg Sat 22-Feb-14 11:56:13

She has started getting some blackheads on her forehead and chin but at the same time is quite flaky and red looking around the bottom of her nose. I wouldn't say it to her but she just looks a bit blotchy and scabby!
A friend has recommended Dermalogica (sp?) UltraCalming cleaner but I just wondered if the experts here had any advice? She is using a wash off cleaner, occasionally exfoliating and has an oil free moisturiser which I think is Simple.
Can anyone help?

Hopefully Sat 22-Feb-14 12:01:56

Occasional gentle face mask to get rid of the blackheads, and making sure she is using a proper cleanser if she is wearing any make up (foaming cleanser probably won't cut it if she is wearing any sort of base, even tinted moisturiser). Is her nose flaky from having a cold or similar? Vaseline or thicker moisturiser just there overnight might help.

Hopefully Sat 22-Feb-14 12:02:33

Also plenty of good fats in her diet - makes an enormous difference to my skin if I make a conscious effort to eat good fats and more veg and drink more water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now