Talk

Advanced search

Help my skin?

(12 Posts)
FunkyBarnYard Sat 22-Feb-14 11:07:21

I am 30 in 4 months time. I look old dry and flaky hmm

I had a hysterectomy when I was 27 been taking HRT off and on due to headaches. Pills patches. Currently off it again due to headaches.

But my skin is dry. It's like having facial dandruff confused

It's sore. I have red blotchy patches. That look like tiny burst capillaries I think.

Please advise how to look ok again. I can't bear looking in the mirror anymore

K999 Sat 22-Feb-14 11:08:37

What moisturiser do you use?

FunkyBarnYard Sat 22-Feb-14 11:16:45

Simple hydrating

K999 Sat 22-Feb-14 11:17:40

Have you tried any others? I swear by Nivea smile

FunkyBarnYard Sat 22-Feb-14 11:19:17

I haven't. But at this stage I will try anything. It's my face that seems worst affected

HollyMadison Sat 22-Feb-14 11:24:33

I'm in my 30s too. My skin seems to have improved recently with my new regime of drinking a lot more water (carrying a bottle with me always), cutting down on booze (can't afford it!) and using rosehip oil morning and night.

AWimbaWay Sat 22-Feb-14 11:30:51

I have the facial dandruff thing going on at the moment too, especially on my forehead, lovely isn't it.

I do find exfoliating with Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract followed by rubbing in plenty of rosehip oil helps. Unfortunately at this time of year with the cold weather, central heating etc. it always gets worse.

Would love to hear any other solutions.

RonaldMcDonald Sat 22-Feb-14 11:45:37

Use a gentle rise off cleanser...tepid water. I use Olay sensitive dry washcloths...add water, they foam up wash face rinse pat dry
Then use a serum..I like Olay fragrance free regenerist
Then use a fragrance free moisuriser

Do that for two weeks if the sensitive patches continue see the doc as you may need some cortisone
If the dry patches continue add in an aha in before the serum...every other night to begin with and to see how you go.

timi1979 Sat 22-Feb-14 11:59:15

Hi,
I had a very similar problem. My skin used to so dry and itchy sometimes red patches appeared especially around my mouth and chin.
I tried different products from different price groups and finally I found the Robin cosmetics`s beauty products. Personally I really like their scrub.

I hope that was helpful! smile
Have a good day

DreamRabbit Sat 22-Feb-14 12:08:28

I get really dry, flaky skin in patches off and on - usually during winter. This may sound odd, but I find that using a dandruff shampoo to wash my face with once a day, in combination with a good moisturiser for dry skin like E45, helps clear it up.

FunkyBarnYard Sat 22-Feb-14 17:34:57

Thanks plenty for me to try smile

Just so fed up being old before my time

Frizzbonce Sat 22-Feb-14 18:10:46

Hi Funky. I'm an oil cleansing convert. I had dry skin which would go all flaky in winter. Started using a combo of castor oil with sweet almond oil or avocado oil, (both very good for dry skin - castor oil is a base, but you could also use extra virgin olive oil too). Rub it in gently and then press a clean washcloth wrung out in warm water all over your face. Finish with a cold splash. You may have to experiment to find the right oil combo for your skin or google, 'oil cleansing method' I think there are a few threads here on it as well.

Avocados, nuts and fish are all great for your skin - polyunsaturated fats, and plenty of water. And a good sunblock. But I've found that cleaning my face with oil has softened fine lines, dry bits and it never feels tight any more. Use a clean washcloth every day, and I also will add a few drops of almond oil to my night cream too when it's very cold and central heating has made my skin extra dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now