Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What on earth can I do with my hair?!

(5 Posts)
perplexedpirate Sat 22-Feb-14 10:19:44

It's terrible, it's making me angry.
I have long, thick hair that is just hanging there, in no style at all.
I've been dying it for years and have bad colour build up on the lengths so it's nearly black, slightly paler reddy black further up and a blonde 'flash' that I've tried to dye the same colour as the rest but has gone a murky brown.
In short, it's a big mess.
What on earth can I do with it?! Will I have to chop it all off?
Help!

Facebaffle Sat 22-Feb-14 10:23:13

From your description I think you need a visit to the hairdressers for a good cut and some colour advice. It may be worth spending money on it as a "one off" to put you back on track smile

perplexedpirate Sat 22-Feb-14 10:27:29

I think you are right. I don't even know what to ask them for though!
I'm not usually like this, I like to take at least reasonable care of myself, but I looked the mirror yesterday and thought 'aaiee! How long has this been going on and how did I not notice?'.

Facebaffle Sat 22-Feb-14 10:34:11

Look online for hairstyles in the length you want. When I went shorter, I collected a few pictures online and then showed them to my hairdresser. She then advised me on what would and wouldn't suit me and we went from there.

I used to colour my own hair but after a while I got a build up and my hair had a khaki tint confused . I now only have it coloured at the hairdressers. It is expensive but well worth it.

perplexedpirate Sat 22-Feb-14 10:44:03

I used to have it bright red and only had that done at the salon, but it's so time consuming! A colour and cut takes forever and my hair grows super-quick so I needed my roots doing every month or so.
I need something not too high maintenance but that's still glorious.wink
I want the moon on a stick, don't i?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now