Talk

Advanced search

what tops do you suggest with a full mid length skirt

(16 Posts)
Redrosesarethebest Sat 22-Feb-14 10:00:10

I have bought myself a mid length skirt. Can master my knee length and maxi skirts but am at a loss as to how to wear one that is in between my knee and my ankle. it's plain black and very full - a bit 50's style

AmIatwat Sat 22-Feb-14 11:06:10

I think a short cardi, one that stops at the waist with a deep welt.

Plain white cami and cropped cardigan or biker jacket? Cropped denim jacket when the weather is nicer?

This is nice
And this
And this

Basically, keep it fairly fitted.

Redrosesarethebest Sat 22-Feb-14 16:05:44

Thanks Remus, I have been trying to find ideas from Pinterest since yesterday but couldn't see anything

Redrosesarethebest Sat 22-Feb-14 16:10:33

the length of it is about the same as the girl with the bike

Sounds lovely. I used to have a nice FC one but charity-shopped it because I thought it made me look fat. I want it back now!

Redrosesarethebest Sat 22-Feb-14 16:55:11

I got mine from ebay, cost me £8, have a look on there Remus, I have got some real bargains

MotherBluestocking Sat 22-Feb-14 20:14:28

Something that hits at the waist sounds right. But beware of anything blousy and tucked-in if you have a big bust/ short waist or it would look as though your norks are growing out of your stomach.

Redrosesarethebest Sat 22-Feb-14 22:28:56

am lacking in the nork area smile

MotherBluestocking Sat 22-Feb-14 22:36:57

Lucky you! Then a blousy top tucked in will look great. You could try a belt too.

Clothes so much easier with small norkage. Was having this conversation with dd1 today. She is a B cup and I am an E cup. Would far rather be B.

Redrosesarethebest Sun 23-Feb-14 10:08:28

Am a B cup, I remember being a teenager wishing for bigger boobs but now I am happy with them

LaTrucha Sun 23-Feb-14 13:21:08

I have a knee length full skirt which I wear with a Boden scoop neck tee. I would link but they only seem to be doing long sleeve ones, and they wouldn't look right at all. I've been wondering about those mid length ones and pondering whether they would look mumsy on me. I'd like to look all bright and breezy and Roman Holiday, but not sure if I would

senua Sun 23-Feb-14 13:25:41

arf @ riding a bicycle in a skirt like that!grin

Redrosesarethebest Sun 23-Feb-14 14:28:46

can you imagine how many times it would get caught in the chain? I would never think of riding a bike in a skirt! grin

OneLittleLady Sun 23-Feb-14 14:30:08

I wear fitted tees, close fitting vests and short cardigans. I sometimes wear a close fitting fine knit crew neck jumper if it's a bit chilly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now