Talk

Advanced search

bra intervention question

(21 Posts)
eggyfartpants Fri 21-Feb-14 21:25:28

So....under boobs is about 37. Currently wear a 38 and its roomy on the band so figure I need a 36. When I bend over to do the boob dangling, how tight do I pull the measure? I am thinking tight enough to squash nipples but not breast tissue-is that right?
I've always thought I was a b cup, but when I tug flesh from my arm pits round to the cup, my boobs are making a bid for cup freedom....

Thanks

Don't even squash the nipples. The cup size is always rougher and we normally recommend trying at least the size either side of what you measure

eggyfartpants Fri 21-Feb-14 22:11:25

Thank you...will get the tape measure back out and try again...will report back
Thank you

eggyfartpants Fri 21-Feb-14 22:30:41

right 37, 44. i have back fat and strange flaps in my arm pits which usually overhangs bra strap...is that stray boob?

guidance appreciated!

yup, that's stray tittage grin

start with a 36F and FF and work from there

eggyfartpants Fri 21-Feb-14 22:43:47

wow thank you...off to search bra stop for bargains. are their returns good?

Yup, returns are great

eggyfartpants Mon 03-Mar-14 21:10:23

Hi...I now have bras, but am struggling. Please can i have more help?

The 36 band is good. Cup size is more challenging. I can't get my armpit boobs to stay in the cups. Do I need to train them?

I've got a shortlist of 2 bras....

One is a 36e flirtelle, but the cups seem slightly big and I have armpit overhang. How can I have both?lepelle in the same size is better on armpit boob but v. Baggy on cup.

36f flirtelle is better on armpit boobs but baggier on cup. It gives a much smoother line round the armpit and seems comfier. Both the flirtelles are 'kimberley'.

Ff cups too big.

I'm used to moulded t shirt bras so may not have realistic expectations re cup fullness. How full should the upper half of the cup be?

Advice appreciated please. Thank you

SorrelForbes Mon 03-Mar-14 21:15:17

I'm not very familiar with Flirtelle bras but I've just had a look on-line at the Kimberley and it looks to me to be a quite a full cut. It sounds to me like the 36F is probably the right size just the wrong style for your shape.

Which Lepel did you try? The Fiore balconette and plunge styles are usually good for not gaping at the top of the cups.

eggyfartpants Mon 03-Mar-14 21:22:51

The lepel was 'bouquet'. It was a very fine lacy cup so was very obviously baggy.

Kimberly was a full cup.

I'll look at some different styles.

Thank you

nona2706 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:42:21

Hi was wondering if anyone could help iv measured boobs and wondered what size i would be. 34 below and 42around.any help would be great. Thanks

Start with 34FF

nona2706 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:20:17

Wow thanks very much.didnt think i was that size.lol

eggyfartpants Wed 05-Mar-14 21:36:17

Thank you...the Fiore arrived today and is perfect...no back fat or arm pit boobs. Amazing.
Oddly I tried a couple of other balcony/plunge styles but they were wrong for me. You clearly have mystical boob assessing powers. I now have to hope they always make the fiore bra!
Thank you so much thanks

SorrelForbes Wed 05-Mar-14 21:39:24

Out of interest, which Fiore did you get? The full cup, balconette or padded plunge?

eggyfartpants Wed 05-Mar-14 21:50:13

www.brastop.com/lepel-fiore-plunge-bra-black

This one. It doesnt give me the oomph that the model has sadly, but does contain what needs to be contained.

SorrelForbes Thu 06-Mar-14 07:16:30

You could try adding another of the removable pads to each cup?

For bras that give the best lift, have a look at Ewa Michalak.

eggyfartpants Thu 06-Mar-14 08:18:46

Good idea. Thank you

SickOfTheBastard Thu 06-Mar-14 11:54:21

Hiya can anyone help me work out size please I'm 28 underneath an 32 around boobs thanks

Start with a 28d

SickOfTheBastard Thu 06-Mar-14 19:26:21

Ok thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now