Talk

Advanced search

Electrolysis- does it actually work?

(5 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Fri 21-Feb-14 19:18:27

I've been getting electrolysis on what was relatively fine upper lip hair for the last 12 months. Anyway the hair now seems heavier and grows back really quickly.
Does electrolysis actually work and/or am I suffering from some adverse reaction?

Jemster Fri 21-Feb-14 21:30:41

I would like to know too as have been considering it for some recurring unwanted hairs. It's a lot of money to part with unless I can be sure it works.

Nottheshrinkingcapgrandpa Fri 21-Feb-14 22:00:12

It does. It you have to be committed. Also be aware that although it does get rid of hair it doesn't stop new hair growi g if you have something like pcos.

Capitola Fri 21-Feb-14 22:03:17

My mum and my mil habe both spent a lot of money and a huge amount of time having regular electrolysis on upper lip hair. They both regret it as it simply has not worked.

SarahGoodwin33 Fri 21-Feb-14 23:26:38

I am transsexual and had ipl rather than electrolysis And it was amazing. After 15 months I was totally hairless on face and can now just wear tinted moisturiser if I choose! Friend had electrolysis and it wasn't great, just individual choice I guess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now