Talk

Advanced search

Any Dr Jart BB cream users out there ? Do you use a primer first ?

(8 Posts)
ilikebigbutts Fri 21-Feb-14 17:59:58

I have pretty oily skin, get the odd spot too but any long-lasting, oil free foundation I have tried just seems to dry parts of my skin out (end up with patchy bits at side of my nose). Also, long -lasting and oil free always seems to equate to full coverage and I don't think I need it anymore. After years of hiding my skin under Double Wear I've realised that I've been a bit hard on myself and maybe my skin isn't that bad after all ! So I got a sample of Dr Jarts and am very, very impressed with the coverage and finish. But I can see my oily patches coming through ! Would a primer kind of defeat the purpose of this multi tasking product ? The sample I got was of the premium (long-lasting) bb cream.

TIA

Whatfun Fri 21-Feb-14 18:08:41

I use Dr Jart BB cream. The water infused one, in a blue/green tube.
I have combination skin and am very pleased with this cream. I don't think you're supposed to use a primer with it but I do. It stays on very well and a little goes a long way.
Do you use the same one as me?

ilikebigbutts Fri 21-Feb-14 18:26:15

No, it's not the water infuse one but this one ~

www.boots.com/en/Dr-Jart-Premium-Beauty-Balm-Cream-SPF40-40ml_1260416/#customerReviews

I couldn't stop looking at my face after I had applied it ! Skin looked great but I'm wondering how it will last during the course of a normal day, I'm used to wearing a full face of make up !

Whatfun Fri 21-Feb-14 19:07:07

I have a 50ml sample size of that one as well. I haven't tried it yet. I absolutely love the water infused one so look forward to trying the SPF 40.

ilikebigbutts Fri 21-Feb-14 23:37:25

What is your skin like though Whatfun.... a couple of hours after trying my sample on I felt like it was sliding off my face (very oily t zone here) which is disappointing because I loved the finish on it.

HelloBoys Sat 22-Feb-14 11:26:10

If you have oily skin I'd use a primer. I've got same Dr Jart but have normal/combi skin so don't use primer.

Whatfun Sun 23-Feb-14 10:54:37

I have dry/combination skin. If I use a primer it stays on just fine.

ilikebigbutts Sun 23-Feb-14 19:28:19

Thanks for that. I gave it trial run yesterday but out in the day light it didn't look to be giving me the coverage I wanted. I still looked a bit red round the sides of my nose and at the corners of my mouth...oh well, the search continues....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now