Talk

Advanced search

I am in desperate need of help with shoes!!

(11 Posts)
Handyshandy Fri 21-Feb-14 17:00:59

I have just been told i need to wear insoles by my physio to help with my back problem. Can any of you lovely ladies advise me on some shoes to wear everyday? I am 47 and a classic casual who loves her skinny jeans.

Funnyfoot Fri 21-Feb-14 17:04:32

What type of shoe are you looking for?
Flat?
Low heel?
Sling back?
Open/closed toe?
Ankle/knee boot?

Handyshandy Fri 21-Feb-14 17:53:39

I suppose i am looking for shoes to wear with jeans. I love the look of ballet shoes but they are now a big no no. I have 6 pairs of knee boots so they will do for now. Its spring i am thinking about really. Low or flat heel

RonaldMcDonald Fri 21-Feb-14 18:16:33

Try wearing fitflop shoes and boots, they seem v good for all back/feet probs
as incredibly cushioned

Handyshandy Fri 21-Feb-14 18:19:11

Brilliant - I just felt so old when i started looking on my own. Will sit and have a look this evening

Flambards Fri 21-Feb-14 18:22:23

Try Hotter shoes -sorry I can't do link to website as bfing ds just now. They have some great styles (some old lady knes too though) but the are great, comfy and many Arles designed to take insoles

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 21-Feb-14 18:26:49

I wear insoles, have done all my life. Please don't look on Hotter shoes unless you have no taste or are in your 70's. It's depressing. I can wear converse, DCs, vans etc with no problems

MrsPeacockDidIt Fri 21-Feb-14 18:58:20

I wear insoles for my knee issues and tend to wear Birkenstocks and fit flops in the summer months. I also wear converse style shoes without too much problem.

Boltonlass1972 Fri 21-Feb-14 19:17:09

Clarks have some funky shoes. I love their 'dolly'shoes..round toe, strap across. I agree with PP..Hotter shoes are comfortable but most styles are for those who've given up. They ok styles they have are like Clarks.

Handyshandy Fri 21-Feb-14 19:57:34

Thanks so much everybody. Am going have a look now while dh is watching the rugby

Boltonlass1972 Fri 21-Feb-14 22:30:29

Always eBay..try something new without the outlay being too big

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now