Talk

Advanced search

Do you know any great budget exfoliators? Do share...

(16 Posts)
NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Feb-14 12:46:24

A few weeks ago we saw that folks were discussing this St Ives facial scrub, which we featured in our Swears By.

Following on from our budget mascaras page, we're now after any suggestions for your favourite budget exfoliators, so we can have smooth summer-ready skin. Any recommendations! gratefully received <enjoys covered legs for a few more weeks> wink

Oh, and <polite voice> this is thread for genuine MNers to post genuine recommendations. Please don't break our Talk Guidlines by posting spam.

mayhew Fri 21-Feb-14 13:02:48

Cheapest body exfoliator. Table salt in small dish. Add oil (any!) to make a paste. Exfoliate…….

Floisme Fri 21-Feb-14 13:04:41

I just use a flannel.

SugarMiceInTheRain Fri 21-Feb-14 13:08:28

I make a sugar scrub - sugar, oil plus something to make it smell nice eg lemon extract or vanilla or a couple of drops of aromatherapy oils. Easy, cheap and very effective. Jars of lemon hand scrub made popular gifts for DC's teachers too!

squoosh Fri 21-Feb-14 13:12:17

I clean my face with an oil cleanser and hot cloth and think this does a good gentle job of keeping flaky skin away. I don't use a scrubby exfoliators on my face, I tend to think they're a bit too rough and will do more damage than good.

Other than that I love liquid exfoliants, but they're not 'budget'.

squoosh Fri 21-Feb-14 13:18:50

For a body exfoliation I dry body brush before a shower and then use those scrubby mitt things when in the shower.

Dry body brush and scrubby mitts are a one off cost.

Vickiyumyum Fri 21-Feb-14 13:25:26

n-spa as long as you don't mind the smell of coconuts, this is fab for £2, beats my expensive scrubs anyday.

MillyBlods Fri 21-Feb-14 14:50:32

I second (or is it third) the salt and sugar homemade ones and adding essential oils of your choice. Works brilliantly and no chemicals or nasties at all.

minibmw2010 Fri 21-Feb-14 14:51:12

Sanctuary do a great exfoliator and it lasts ages. It's brown and called Radiance Exfoliator. Costs £10.

alwaysrunninginheels Fri 21-Feb-14 16:08:06

Soap and glory do really nice ones. Often on 3 for 2 in Boots.
http://www.soapandglory.com/bath-body/bath/exfoliators/sugar-crushtm-body-scrub

I like the soap and glory flake away, also buffy the backside slayer at Lush.

Angels on Bare Skin by Lush is a very gentle ground almond based scrub and £6.35, so not expensive and no nasties. My facial skin is very sensitive and can't take scrubby scrubs (olive oil and salt is fine occasionally on my body but way too scratchy for my face).

OneLittleLady Fri 21-Feb-14 16:17:48

Boots own brand coca butter sugar scrub is great, i think it's the boots naturals range or something similarly named. Usually around £8 and it's a big tub, mine usually last four or five months with a fair amount of use by both me and DP

RonaldMcDonald Fri 21-Feb-14 16:27:27

I use that fab Eurecin stuff 10pc Urea stuff...it makes very short work of anything surplus

cocoblu Fri 21-Feb-14 17:01:15

superdrug vitamin e body scrub is one I always go back to.

babySophieRose Fri 21-Feb-14 17:08:06

Baking soda or oatmeal as face scrubs, cheap and cheerful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now