Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used Bourjois face powder?

(10 Posts)
krisskross Thu 20-Feb-14 20:58:28

if so, was it any good? and which one did you use.

Am fairly happy with my mac powder, just annoys me that the mirror is so tiny. and a more budget option would be good. i've heard a few times that bourjois is basically chanel - is that true?

kerstina Thu 20-Feb-14 21:27:16

Healthy mix foundation is really nice but I was disappointed with their special edition illuminating loose powder.

PoshPaula Thu 20-Feb-14 21:28:36

I heard that about twenty two years ago is yes, I reckon it is true.

AmethystMoon Thu 20-Feb-14 21:37:08

I think Bourjois and Chanel are made in the same factory. Both are finely milled, which is a sign of good quality for blushes, eyeshadow etc. both have good pigment too.

FrugalFashionista Thu 20-Feb-14 21:41:49

Bourjois is a very old company, they have done stage makeup for about 150 years, and Coco Chanel got them to do some cosmetics for her (she did not know how to make them and outsourced the job) and squabbled over rights and profits for a long time. I think Bourjois invented commercial blusher.

vaseoftulips Thu 20-Feb-14 21:44:21

No, but I love Bourjois lipstick and mascara. Have heard it is made by Chanel too.

itsbetterthanabox Thu 20-Feb-14 21:46:55

Yeah I used to use it. It is nice. It's very fine and soft. Didn't make me matte enough though.

FrugalFashionista Thu 20-Feb-14 21:47:58

Oh and forgot to say that the Wertheimers whose family company Bourjois was during Coco's heyday now own the Chanel corporation too.

trulyenoughnow Thu 20-Feb-14 21:52:10

I'm not convinced and think it's a bit of an urban myth. I'm sure it probably is made in the same factory, but defo a v. lesser product range IMO. I bought the pressed powder in the lightest shade, it's awfully awful and turns orange and crusty by midday. The healthy mix foundation which everyone raves about seemed really thin and crappy to me and not a patch on Chanel or other high end makes.
I really rate Rimmel stay matte powder for a budget brand. Great colours/ lasting coverage/ lovely texture. Bourjois blusher v good though and surely as good as the biggies.

justasecond Thu 20-Feb-14 21:52:58

I bought he healthy mix pressed powder. It was awful, looked really obvious on the skin and was really grainy. A waste of money. The foundation was good though. I now use thiswww.houseoffraser.co.uk/Giorgio+Armani+Luminous+Silk+Powder/115402616,default,pd.html. Expensive but totally worth it, looks invisible on. The luminous silk foundation is also excellent, the best I have ever used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now