Talk

Advanced search

March wedding - what to do with my legs.

(19 Posts)
way2serious Thu 20-Feb-14 13:51:19

We are off to a wedding in the middle of March. My dress is sleeveless and is cream and black and I have a black short jacket. I think that the day will be spent inside but I am a cold beast and can't decide what to do with my legs. Should I risk bare (fake tanned) legs which I did where I wore the same outfit to a wedding last summer and may be feeling cold or should I go for tights and if so what sort? Thank you wise fashionistas.

Oxtailchambermaid Thu 20-Feb-14 14:56:16

Watching with interest! I too am going to a wedding late March, inside but with a 1/2 mile on foot transfer from church to reception (or taxi on the sly, 1/2 mile in new shoes is asking for trouble). I've gone green dress with black shrug and black kitten heels and I'm going to go for nude fishnets, as I fear black tights might look a bit "day at the office". I'm a chilly mortal too so my choice of tights is still debatable.

herecomesthsun Thu 20-Feb-14 17:09:51

I would probably go for coloured knit tights coordinating with the outfit/ shoes - so green with a green outfit. I have green Boden ones that are natural fibre (so "breathe") and are very comfy. Probably I'd go for some sort of black lace tights with a cream and black dress, poss Wolford, though I got some in Boots last year which did for a wedding. I'm a chilly enough mortal though to wear ankle boots till about May, so I wouldn't be pairing chunky tights with delicate gossamer slippers. Nude fishnets would be a good back up if the sun comes out!

MrsLettuce Thu 20-Feb-14 19:26:19

Yeah, nude micronets would be ideal, I think.

way2serious Thu 20-Feb-14 20:08:59

Thanks hadn't thought of nude fishnets or micronets. Will check some out.

PoshPaula Thu 20-Feb-14 21:30:21

Bare legs in March? No. Absolutely not.

Floisme Fri 21-Feb-14 07:08:40

If it's March I would wear boots. The end.

Bunbaker Fri 21-Feb-14 07:10:20

Why do so many mumsnetters loathe nude coloured tights? Because that is what I would wear.

Winterwardrobetime Fri 21-Feb-14 07:51:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Boltonlass1972 Fri 21-Feb-14 08:02:09

I would get your legs fake tanned, buy the nude tights and decide on the day..If it's a beautiful sunny day, bare legs but if it's cloudy, tights. I have hardcore mattress who bare-leg it on a night out in December!

Bunbaker Fri 21-Feb-14 08:14:54

A mattress?!

Ledkr Fri 21-Feb-14 08:37:44

A hardcore mattress too!!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 21-Feb-14 08:56:11

Bare legs in anything other than the height of summer looks cheap and tacky IMO - especially at a wedding.

Nude tights, always.

Bunbaker Fri 21-Feb-14 09:04:04

"Bare legs in anything other than the height of summer looks cheap and tacky"

I'm afraid I agree with you. The cold, red legs look is horrible.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 21-Feb-14 09:06:58

Cold, goose bumpy. Even with fake tan it still looks awful because it is so obviously fake.

alemci Fri 21-Feb-14 09:19:44

buy some nice tights and be comfortable . It's often freezing in March.

burnishedsilver Fri 21-Feb-14 10:28:57

Nude fishnets are mentioned here a lot. I've never seen anyone wear them. They must not have caught on in Ireland. I can't see how they'd be any warmer than bare legs.

I think you need tights. Try on a few different options with the dress and the shoes. It's impossible to say without seeing either.

Oxtailchambermaid Fri 21-Feb-14 11:45:35

Thanks all! I hadn't actually thought of plain old nude tights?! My calves are covered in scars and like me are old so no tights was never going to be an option, but I couldn't get black opaques out of my head.

movingmovingmoving Fri 21-Feb-14 22:31:34

Burnished silver - I was just thinking the exact same ! I have never seem them anywhere in Ireland! Can someone post a link so I can get them online? Intrigued. And have a wedding in early March so could wear them then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now