Talk

Advanced search

I need bra intervention... Again. (Sorry)

(14 Posts)
WeAreSix Thu 20-Feb-14 13:08:10

I'm struggling to get a post breastfeeding bra that is comfortable for every day, and not too expensive. I think my problem is my shape and not my size.

Measurements are 29 / 34.

My last purchase was to go under a dress for a wedding, I ended up with a 30D balconette from Debenhams which gave me a niceish shape but is not comfortable. I'm beginning to think I should just buy a support vest!

Any words of wisdom please, lovely bra ladies?

Waves

OK, can you describe:
what's wrong with the debenhams bra (link to it too please!)
Are your boobs close or wide set (so how big is the gap between them in the middle?)
Are your breasts wide or narrow rooted (so are they all on the front or do you have tissue working it's way round the side
Are your boobs top or bottom heavy
Soft or firm tissue

WeAreSix Thu 20-Feb-14 19:46:53

Hello smile

debenhams linky

It feels to tight in the band, really digs in at the front. A bit like the band is too high. I'm not sure I really fill the cups properly, either but the C cups were all wrong.

Boobs are just empty, saggy, horrible. I've got about 2 fingers gap between them over my sternum. I've got tissue under my arms.

I guess they're soft. When I'm leaning over to measure I can barely look - from my viewpoint they're long and thin. No fullness or shape, just empty sacks. I guess bottom heavy when standing normally.

I miss my lovely breastfeeding breasts, they were the only shape I had!

WeAreSix Thu 20-Feb-14 19:48:45

Sorry 1st paragraph badly written while juggling a toddler, phone and a shape sorter grin

OK, so it's moulded which isn't the best as a rule. You do get some good mouldeds but they're much harder to fit.

As you are quite wide, I'm thinking something by Freya or Curvy Kate might suit you. They do some beautiful bras in your size range. I haven't tried that Debenhams range but I know their Gorgeous range is notoriously tight in the band so I'm suspecting that is the problem with the band rather than you needing a bigger band.

What about trying some of these? They all have some light padding but aren't solid moulded so will shape to you better than a solid moulded cup
The curvy kate tease me. Curvy kate bands are very soft. Tend to be small in the cup so try the 30D and DD
Cleo Juna, probably 30D
fauve half cup - probably 30D I'd guess
freya half cup - there's also a balconette

CMOTDibbler Thu 20-Feb-14 20:00:28

I'm the same sort of shape, and love half cups. My fave bra is a Fauve

WeAreSix Thu 20-Feb-14 20:25:28

I tried a Freya (I think) in Debs but just couldn't get it to fit, and didn't have time to really play with the sizes.

Will check the links, thank you.

WeAreSix Thu 20-Feb-14 20:33:23

Love the balconette, it's almost identical to the Debs bra.

I'm very envious of the CK model in the first link, what a beautiful girl!

My immediate post-natal body is much nicer than once I've gone back to being a stick. I wish I knew how to hold a bit of weight, I look much healthier when I'm half - a stone heavier and maybe then I'd have boobs

TriumphFitAdvisor Fri 21-Feb-14 18:15:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 21-Feb-14 18:22:36

I just used the triumph size guide and it adds on inches to the back size and would put me in a bra that was too big in the back and too small in the cup. It puts me as a 40DD and i actually wear a 36GG

triumphfitadviser has popped up on a few threads...if they add inches then you can be 100% sure it won't be the right size grin

Boltonlass1972 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:59:48

I loved my BF Boobs too: 34G!! I went to get measured after I finished feeding and the woman's in M&S (yes I know they're crap) measured me as a 34DD. I uttered a pleased 'ooh!'..I was a C cup before..to which she said, 'love it's width not volume!' shock since then I've been to Bravissimo for 2 bras who can clearly make you fall in love with your boobs again. Iam a DD, but in B'mo I measure as a 34E. Their Panache brass are lovely. Yes they do cost though. Thing is, their ladies over the phone are LOVELY.. They will talk you through your boob shape and recommend a style best for you. Although you may not buy from them, you would still get the advice. They are not pressuring at all. I usually buy a 34dd 'be beautiful'from Matalan, but my boobs look best in Bravissimo fo sure!

WeAreSix Fri 21-Feb-14 19:13:35

Hello Emma, yes please I'd love to try your fitting service and put it to the Bra Guru test

I went to Bravissimo for BF bras and once DD was just down to night time feeds so I could get 'normal' nursing bras. They hurt like hell and I haven't been back since! Plus it's a bit of a trek, but I hate them so much I couldn't show another person blush

I'll try the bra stop links.

godlessdomestic Fri 21-Feb-14 20:25:17

I've just ordered 3 Curvy Kate's from Brastop's sale - thank you for the link, they are usually so expensive but I've found them to be the best fit for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now