Talk

Advanced search

Long sleeve, plain, CHEAP t-shirts for kids?

(20 Posts)
CelticJuggler Thu 20-Feb-14 07:56:09

DS is 3 and in 3-4 sizing atm, but is about to spurt into 4-5 hmm

I'm looking for cheap, long sleeve plain tshirts for him to wear as a vest under his (bought last year in the sales for this summer!) short sleeve t-shirts (Skinflint? Moi?! wink )

I've looked in ASDA/tesco/sainsburys but they all seem to be either thermal, or plain vests/shirt sleeves.

Any ideas? Ideally I'm thinking about black, grey, navy to contrast.

GruffalosWife Thu 20-Feb-14 07:59:35

I have gotten 4-packs of these for dc1 from both next and m and s, for under a tenner. Lasted well, soft cotton. Ds2 wearing one now! I find you can't buy anything from Asda these days without a cartoon on or a pirate hmm

AmandinePoulain Thu 20-Feb-14 08:00:09

H&M smile

I get ds from H&M. I'll try to link

Playdoughcaterpillar Thu 20-Feb-14 08:00:58

Next do a 4 pack with those colours

m.hm.com/gb/product/16925?article=16925-A#mediaType=FASHION_FRONT

FrugalFashionista Thu 20-Feb-14 08:08:45

H&M, decent quality too!

TulipOHare Thu 20-Feb-14 08:10:57

I bought some from Uniqlo a couple of months ago that were fantastic quality and very cheap. Their whole range changes constantly though so I don't know if they still do them!

I get ds from H&M. I'll try to link

Huffpot Thu 20-Feb-14 08:55:23

I got some from Amazon as well - I don't understand why it's so hard to buy plain clothes!

Dilidali Thu 20-Feb-14 09:24:27

H&M packs of two. They wash well.

As they grow, the clothes get even more hideous, I am afraid, it's worse for girls clothes!!but if you look hard, H&M has got some plain clothes, I dress my DD (preteeen) from the boys' section smile

CelticJuggler Thu 20-Feb-14 11:40:21

Looks likes trip to H&M is in order then.

I do find it is really hard to get plain stuff; sometimes patterns aren't appropriate really!

WhereIsMyHat Thu 20-Feb-14 11:50:16

I was coming along to say H&M too. The quality is good for the price.

InPursuitOfOblivion Thu 20-Feb-14 11:55:10

I got exactly that from Peacocks yesterday.

Bonsoir Thu 20-Feb-14 13:32:59

I prefer Zara t-shirts to any other cheap brand. The cut is much better than H&M or Gap IMO.

Vickiyumyum Thu 20-Feb-14 13:38:11

I was going to suggest zara as well. I found zara great for my son when he was smaller, now hes 12 its all skatewear or adult clothing.

SOmetimes you can get good deals on boden plain tops, they are fab, great for passing down as they last and last.

Vickiyumyum Thu 20-Feb-14 13:43:51

mothercare

m&s have some multipacks too in the younger boys but seem to come with striped ones too, not just plain.

CelticJuggler Fri 21-Feb-14 06:39:59

Worryingly, the Mothercare packs are exactly what I'm looking for; but I really try to avoid our local store as it's a hit of a midden!

Will try H&M / M&S and then Mothercare as a last resort I think!

Thanks everyone! thanks

issimma Fri 21-Feb-14 10:53:43

H&M - love their kids' stuff.

trixymalixy Fri 21-Feb-14 10:56:20

H&M or Primark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now