Talk

Advanced search

Asymmetric bob? Shall I or shan't I?

(10 Posts)
Jojay Wed 19-Feb-14 23:19:18

I've got long, dark, straight, fine hair atm and I'm really bored with it.

I've had shoulder length /short hair before so the lack of length doesn't scare me, and I've got a cows lick slightly one side so my hair is kind of asymmetric anyway!

What do we all think of an asymmetric bob? I've got a haircut booked at 4.30pm tomorrow!

MillyBlods Wed 19-Feb-14 23:26:51

If you like it then do it but personally I don't like them and they are "out" now aren't they??

fiftyandfab Thu 20-Feb-14 00:04:27

Think I'm with Milly on this. How about some layers to get some volume and some flicky layery stuff to detract from cows lick (with a bit taken off the length?)

dayshiftdoris Thu 20-Feb-14 00:09:10

I have a cows lick and had an asymmetrical bob - I loved it and it suited the way my hair falls but I think it's a bit old hat too AND if you get bored it is really laborious to grow out.... In fact I went to a pixie cut then started again

I now have a concave bob - still growing it as I want it to be a steep concave and prefer it to the asymmetrical bob smile

dayshiftdoris Thu 20-Feb-14 00:10:00

Oh I find a side parting suits my cows lick too...

scarlet76 Thu 20-Feb-14 06:03:02

I currently have an asymmetric bob and love it. I think if it's cut well and flattering, then it's a timeless cut like any bob. Mine is currently short round the ear on one side but I have had longer style asymmetric bobs in the past.

Snowdown Thu 20-Feb-14 08:29:50

Go for it - it'll grow back if you don't like it!

StyleOverSubstance Thu 20-Feb-14 12:28:55

milly So if the asymmetric bob has had its day - what is/are the new hairstyles????

MrsHappyBee Thu 20-Feb-14 12:31:46

White Dee is currently sporting an asymmetric bob...

runningonwillpower Thu 20-Feb-14 12:31:55

Years ago I had an asymmetric cut. It looked absolutely great when I left the salon.

When I washed and styled it myself? Folks kept asking, 'do you know your hair is longer on one side?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now