Come and dress me oh wise ones

(5 Posts)
BitsinTatters Wed 19-Feb-14 18:15:08

I'm mid 20s nearly 30
Size 12
5ft 8 tall
small norks. 34 B

Have 3 children. Youngest is 18 months

I work from home so don't need office suitable clothing.

I need every day comfortable smart clothes.

I live in jeans and M&S long sleeve round neck black or grey tops.

I need new foot wear etc

I don't hAve a great deal of success when it comes to clothes. My shape has changed so dramatically over the last 10 years.

I feel most put together in a pair of skinny jeans and a well fitting top (I like slightly longer tops not ones that end at my belly button) and a jacket. At the moment I live in a quilted barbour type jacket.

My hips are widest part.

Shoulder length brown hair. Fringe.

BitsinTatters Wed 19-Feb-14 18:15:27

Budget would be depending on item!!

ilikeyourface Wed 19-Feb-14 18:48:00

Sorry I have no advice but I hope someone with advice will be here soon, however are you sure you are the right size bra. Have a look at one of the bra intervention threads on here and you might be shocked. A good fitting bra makes alot of difference
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/a1749199-Bra-intervention-have-I-got-this-right

FrugalFashionista Wed 19-Feb-14 20:52:04

Your shape sounds great! Lots of options out there for you. I was in a similar situation 3 years ago. (Toddler-friendly clothes, long-sleeved tees.)

Learning what to wear in a new life situation takes some time. For me, blogs have been very helpful - follow lots of them and you can work what you personally prefer. Also reassessing things like bra size (went from A/B to D!), use of color (from black to smoky blues and soft whites and warm olive greens), and what looks best on my shape (ideas for pears here) have helped a lot.

SunnyL Wed 19-Feb-14 20:54:29

Have a wee play on Dressipi to see what style you like best. It's quite good at recommending stuff it thinks you will like once you spend a bit of time playing about with what you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now