Talk

Advanced search

Perfumes like L'Occitane almond range

(12 Posts)
LaTrucha Wed 19-Feb-14 13:56:59

I have just had a samle of the almond handcream and I love the smell. Does anyone know of a perfume with a similar smell. I think it smells rather like Donna Karan Cashmere, but I would like something a bit les chemically, if that makes sense at all for a perfume. Thanks!

FrugalFashionista Wed 19-Feb-14 16:10:44

Try some of these if you like almondy notes in perfumery!

LaTrucha Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:45

T

LaTrucha Wed 19-Feb-14 20:44:07

Sorry. Post fail! Thanks. Ill haveca lok. Do you order from thst company?

LaTrucha Wed 19-Feb-14 20:45:00

Oh for goodness sake! Im giving up with this bloody tablet.

FrugalFashionista Wed 19-Feb-14 21:00:41

These perfumes here might be easier to obtain locally.

I've used Surrender to Chance are US-based so you may have to deal with customs but I haven't had problems when the quantities ordered have been small. You can get most of the perfumes from Europe if you like them, but no one here really does thematic samplers.

I'm trying to think of mainstream perfumes with strong almond notes and Hypnotic Poison from Dior is the only one that comes to mind. Farnesiana from Caron (UK-based samples at Les Senteurs) might also be worth a try but both may be heavier than what you are looking for!

FrugalFashionista Wed 19-Feb-14 21:01:44

Sorry I'm not doing well on a tablet either... <sigh>

LaTrucha Wed 19-Feb-14 21:16:04

Thanks. Googling with interest. Really fancy those samples though. One thing k dislike wsith perfume is how quickly I get used to ghe smell and cant smellit. Its so unfair! To have lots of slightly different ones mightvget around that.

FrugalFashionista Wed 19-Feb-14 21:24:29

If you are into lighter more floral almond feel, mimosa/cassie and heliotrope perfumes may also work. Lots of choice, Cinema by YSL might be the easiest to find, more ideas here. I love mimosa perfumes in the spring.

LaTrucha Thu 20-Feb-14 07:16:09

Thankyou. I'll have a look locally although we only have a very limited choice. All the perfumes are locked away behind glass! It's not very inviting. I want Sefridges perfume hall!

goodasitgets Thu 20-Feb-14 08:27:26

Laura mercier do an almond coconut perfume which is lovely smile

LaTrucha Thu 20-Feb-14 16:35:23

Thanks. Another one to look for. I think I need a trip to London...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now