Talk

Advanced search

Question re Topshop jeans

(10 Posts)
Walnut8 Wed 19-Feb-14 07:44:18

I've been thinking about trying a pair of Baxter or Jamie skinny jeans. Have previously been a Martha fan - loved the fit of them but would now like something with a slimmer leg (Martha were straight cut - i think they have gone now).

Anyway, Ive noticed that there seems to be two types of Baxter jeans. One type is 98% cotton and 2% elastane (which was the composition of my previous pair of Marthas), the other is 93% Cotton,5% Polyester,2% Elastane. I'm wondering if anyone knows which is better?? The first type seems to have sold out in my size across the board but I can get the second type (probably stretchier) in my jeans in a few different colours.

Also - I've read a few comments on here about Baxter jeans not being "real" skinnies in that they are more a slim cut. I dont want super tight skinnies but I also don't want jeans that bag around the ankle too much.... ? My nearest topshop is a bit of a drive, so will be ordering online. Any help would be appreciated!

schmalex Wed 19-Feb-14 08:05:46

I don't know about the Baxters, but I really love TS Jamie jeans. Definitely try those as well!

Mrsap Wed 19-Feb-14 08:46:49

Not sure about the composition (not wearing jeans today - at work) question but I have old baxters and newer baxters. I do think the older ones were better but I still love them.

They are def skinny but not skin tight iykwim.

I like Martha's too but don't get on with Jamie's or Leigh's as they r too leggings like and I am def not a leggings person.

Hth.

WeGotAnnie Wed 19-Feb-14 08:52:29

Are the fabric mixes different on diff coloured Baxters? I had dark blue ones that were thin and scratchy and I binned after a few wears. But I also have blue-black ones which are thicker and stretchier and wash really well. Will look at the label

Walnut8 Wed 19-Feb-14 09:52:44

All helpful thank you!

The blue black type on the website at the moment are the 93% cotton type here. I'd love to know what co position yours are WeGotAnnie as they sounds exactly like what I want! They have black variations in both compositions.

I don't like jeggings or the spray-on skinnies but I definitely prefer skinny to the ones that some brands describe as "slim" but which are actually so loose on the ankle they are more like straight leg IYKWIM

Catswiththumbs Wed 19-Feb-14 12:36:46

I love the Jamie jeans. Not like leggings IMO. And I never wear leggings, ever.

I don't like the Leigh- too thin.
Or the Baxter- too low rise for me

Naicecuppatea Wed 19-Feb-14 15:29:46

Just got a pair of dark blue Leighs (slightly loose on waist but the smaller size didn't even do up), got to the till to be told they were �8 which was a nice surprise. I liked the Jamies too but they didn't have my size.

Cheesyslice Wed 19-Feb-14 19:20:05

I'm a Leigh fan. Absolutely love the things. Lovely stretch, great fit, not baggy around the ankle.

Awks Wed 19-Feb-14 19:21:43

I love my Baxters, they are my favourite jeans ever and last for YEARS

Walnut8 Thu 20-Feb-14 05:53:16

Thanks for the replies. Could someone pretty please check what their TS jeans are made from? I dont want to end up with the thin itchy sort!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now