Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mason Pearson brush

(9 Posts)
Jellypudmum Tue 18-Feb-14 21:07:24

Having tried endless tangle tampers / teaser brushes to no avail, I'm considering buying a Mason Pearson brush (mainly for my daughter). She is 8 bad has waist length medium texture hair which gets so tangled. I'm hoping this will be a good investment?
What size would you recommend and is there a reputable retailer which sells the brushes at a reasonable price that anyone knows of please?

Littleturkish Tue 18-Feb-14 21:08:59

Oh I loved mine as a child!

However, I opted for a wooden bristled body shop brush for my waist length curly hair and haven't looked back.

Have you tried wide combs first? Is it just too curly? Do you use conditioner spray/Moroccan oil?

Jellypudmum Tue 18-Feb-14 21:31:10

Have used every type of spray in conditioner there is and a wide toothed comb. The tangles just seem so intricately interwoven that I've had to step away from the scissors several times!!

LifeOfPee Tue 18-Feb-14 21:34:09

I was bought a Mason Pearson (as was my sister and cousin) when we were children, I think I was about 8 or 9. I still have it now and I'm almost 35 It has lost a few bristles but, wow, that's a good quality brush.

Littleturkish Tue 18-Feb-14 23:19:10

Jelly- condition, wash, condition and morroccan oil with wooden brush. I promise it will work!

cloudskitchen Tue 18-Feb-14 23:22:48

I had one as a child and loved it. My daughter has long thick hair and swears by her tangle teaser. Have you tried that? I also have long thick hair and use a wooden body shop one.

pocketandsweet Wed 19-Feb-14 00:05:30

We've had everything going- tangle teasers included- and the Mason Pearson has been by far the best. It was actually my brush but I've lent it to dd1. I will eventually buy one for both girls but at the price they sell for it won't be until they understand how important it is to treat it well/ not loose it. Mine is 20 years old and still perfect.

ScienceRocks Wed 19-Feb-14 01:06:26

I have one, as do my two DDs (4 and 7). They keep our long, thick curly hair in check beautifully. I have had mine for 15 years and it is still perfect.

Check out your local independent pharmacies for them. I got all mine from different ones and they were cheaper than buying online, and I got to see them beforehand.

Jellypudmum Wed 19-Feb-14 15:18:12

Never seen any in my local pharmacies (too rich for us locals blood)! blush
Which is my best size to go for if it's going to last my daughter in years to come (it better had at the price they are)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now