Talk

Advanced search

La Roche Posay products/routine

(10 Posts)
issimma Tue 18-Feb-14 20:23:22

I'm tempted to start using these to combat the big old pores on my face. As well as enlarged pores, my skin is dehydrated and oily at the same time. What LRP products do you use and how?

DoItTooJulia Tue 18-Feb-14 20:24:57

I only use Cicaplast, but I love it, so I'm watching with interest.

charitygirl Tue 18-Feb-14 20:25:02

Read Caroline Hirons blog - she has advice on the oily AND dehydrated issue, as well some LRP reviews.

issimma Tue 18-Feb-14 20:39:38

Great blog, thanks charity.

CadiM Tue 18-Feb-14 20:44:47

I've been using the Redermic eye cream for just over a week but didn't read the instructions properly: I've been using it morning and night (instead of just at night) and the skin under my eyes looks blotchy and irritated. I'm letting it recover before trying again as the reviews on Boots are pretty positive.

charitygirl Tue 18-Feb-14 20:54:20

A pleasure! I've got some Redermic R - I do think its smoothing but not that amazing. Prefer Hydraluron as an pre moisturiser treatment.

BrennanHasAMangina Tue 18-Feb-14 21:00:19

I've never used anything by LRP I don't like. It's magical. Anthelios spray sunscreen is the best sunscreen in the world EVER. In fact, I think it would be my holy grail skin-care product as it feels so nice, NEVER makes me breakout and is just perfect, perfect, perfect for my skin-type. I also love the toleriane moisturizers...they come in three different formulations. I like the 'fluide' for day, under makeup, and the 'riche' one for night. They also have a lovely serum called 'Derm Aox'. It is a very funny colour and smells vaguely medicinal but my skin loves it. I've been using a Bioderma micellar liquid, which I really like, but when it runs out I'm going to try a LRP one.

You might also try jojoba oil. My skin is oily and dehydrated and I use it under nighttime moisturizer and also in the morning before exfoliating cleanser. It's really softening and moisturizing and rich and I SWEAR it will not make you break out or clog pores. Absolutely lovely. A few years ago I would have recoiled in horror at the thought of putting oil on my face but I just can't say enough about it. I have the best skin of my life and I'm 37, so that's saying something smile.

pigtail84 Wed 19-Feb-14 03:14:04

Unfortunately, no skincare product in the world can shrink the size of your pores. A good primer can minimise their appearance however.
I use and love la Roche posay,and the fact they don't make ridiculous claims makes me like them all the more. I think the physiological cleansing gel might be a good bet for you,it gently cleanses without drying.I really love the hydraphase serum too,really great for dehydrated skin,as is the hydraphase light moisturiser and mask.I think a lot of people rate effaclar mat for oily skin,but I've never used this myself.

Brennan,if you don't mind me asking,which lrp sunscreen do you use,as this is one part of my routine I haven't nailed yet!

issimma Wed 19-Feb-14 15:21:59

Right, have gone for physiological cleansing gel and toner, and the toleraine light moisturiser (just wish it had spf). Boots have 3 for 2, so was a good time to do it! Also invested (ahem) in REN omega 3 serum in oil, as recommended by CH, and the REN clay mask for impurities. Am going to use these religiously, and if my skin is still horrible, will go back to superdrug cheapies!

BrennanHasAMangina Wed 19-Feb-14 15:30:23

Pigtail, it's called 'Anthelios XL Dry-touch spray' and it's SPF 45. I'm in Canada and I think it might be called something slightly different in the UK? I use it every day under makeup (I spray it onto my hand and then apply it like moisturizer). It says it's water-resistant so I use it when swimming too, but re-apply afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now