Talk

Advanced search

Home hair dye disaster. Please help :(

(9 Posts)
TooWetToWoo Tue 18-Feb-14 18:55:18

It's my birthday on Saturday (30th) and I can't afford to go to a salon so I thought I'd treat myself to a home dye.

My hair is quite dark naturally, so bought a Schwarzkopf HD purple dye. It claimed to be specifically for dark hair. I followed the instructions exactly but it's just turned my hair very, very dark (almost black) on the length and ends and the top is a sort of dark red although it does look a bit purple but only under very bright light.

I hate it so much, I know it's only hair but it's really upsetting me sad. I've tried washing it a few times since to see if it would lighten but it still looks the same.

Is there anything I can do to help lighten it? I don't really want to put another colour on top as I think it would irritate my scalp so soon.

footflapper Tue 18-Feb-14 19:01:54

Google something called Colour B4. I've used it before smile

Hassled Tue 18-Feb-14 19:02:58

I did once immediately re-dye and was fine - although I realise I was pushing my luck.

FluffySocksAndMarshmallows Tue 18-Feb-14 19:04:41

Do you have any anti-dandruff shampoo? That tends to work.

procrastinatingagain Tue 18-Feb-14 19:05:14

I've also use colour B4, and it does work. Or it might have been the superdrug slightly cheaper one that I used.

Chopsypie Tue 18-Feb-14 19:10:11

I dye my hair a reddish purple and t gel shampoo strips it out pretty quickly

footflapper Tue 18-Feb-14 19:11:42

I've just seen that L'oreal do a colour remover too.. L'oreal effasol.. Try googling that too smile

TooWetToWoo Tue 18-Feb-14 19:17:19

Wow, wasn't expecting such quick replies! Thank you all.

Does anti dandruff shampoo work well? I think I'd like to try lightening it first to see if it will go to the box colour. And then if that doesn't work I'll try the colour remover things.

Feeling much better now I've got some options, thanks again.

babySophieRose Tue 18-Feb-14 19:34:22

You can use a vitamin C tablets mixed with shampoo to remove it. Google it as i don't know the exact ratio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now