Talk

Advanced search

Cheap sports bra for big boobs?

(12 Posts)
BornToFolk Tue 18-Feb-14 18:35:34

I just signed up for a Race for Life and need to do a bit of training. I thought I had an ancient sports bra tucked away but it turns out I don't so I need a new one.
Is it possible to get a decent (i.e. v supportive, don't care what it looks like!) one for larger cups (32F or FF) without spending a fortune (ie. more than £20)?

CMOTDibbler Tue 18-Feb-14 18:37:02

I have a couple of tescos sports bras in 32f which I run in (up to 20km) and they are very comfortable. And for £6, a total bargain

BornToFolk Tue 18-Feb-14 19:19:54

Thanks! Is it this one? It doesn't seem to go down to a 32 - do you wear a 34 instead?

LordEmsworth Tue 18-Feb-14 19:24:08

I got mine from Amazon - just within the £20. I would not skimp on a sports bra, and Shock Absorber are just the best

www.amazon.co.uk/Shock-Absorber-B4490-Womens-Sports/dp/B000XKJZZ8

CMOTDibbler Tue 18-Feb-14 19:31:31

It is that one, but mine is def a 32.

BornToFolk Tue 18-Feb-14 19:36:02

Hmmm, maybe they're just running low on stock? Thanks for the recommendation, definitely worth a try at £6 if I can get one.

I think I'll go and try some on and then see if I can get them cheaper on Amazon.

Amethyst24 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:46:31

I know M&S has a bad rep (rightly) for bras but I find their sports bras pretty good. They go down to a 32 and up to an F cup in a few styles, but you need to try them on in store because the sizing is a bit erratic. I've got a few and find them as good as Shock Absorbers for about 2/3 of the price.

CynicalandSmug Tue 18-Feb-14 19:47:58

The best tip I ever got was to wear two sports bras, seems odd at first but works brilliantly.

BirthdayMuppet Tue 18-Feb-14 21:51:35

You can sometimes pick up the unpopular colours of the Panache Ultimate Sports new on eBay for just about £20. Add others have said, I really really wouldn't skimp on a good sports bra.

princessalbert Tue 18-Feb-14 23:14:42

I have two shock absorbers. They are good.
I also have an Asda cheapie.

That holds me in place almost as well.

Have a look at sweatshop,.they frequently have sales on.

TheLemonisinPlay Wed 19-Feb-14 11:42:48

I swear by shock absorber- you can get them on Ebay fairly cheaply if they are last season's colours.

PearlyGrey Thu 20-Feb-14 10:04:08

Some good prices here?
That said this is the only one I've ever felt properly supported in (though I'm quite a lot bigger than an F cup!) - www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/inspire-sports-bra/black/au27bl/?level=1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now