Talk

Advanced search

Which coconut oil do you buy??

(10 Posts)
Allthreerolledintoone Tue 18-Feb-14 16:12:31

I previously brought holland and Barrett's but it seems to have doubled in price since I last brought it as I am sure I only paid £7 for it. Can anyone recommend an alternaltive.

Hogwash Tue 18-Feb-14 17:07:16

Waitrose sell it for cooking much cheaper than that, but it is still pure coconut oil.

Almond oil is a good moisturiser too.

Allthreerolledintoone Tue 18-Feb-14 17:16:37

Is almond oil good for hair too?

Hogwash Tue 18-Feb-14 19:33:38

Not sure, argan oil is fantastic though - sorted out my very tangled mop (hairdresser commented on condition the other day).

Floisme Tue 18-Feb-14 20:13:43

The one I buy is 'Groovy Food organic, virgin coconut oil' from the grocery section at Waitrose. It's cold pressed so there is absolutely nothing else added (I've just checked the label!) £6 or £7 for a 283 ml jar. I've also seen it in Sainsbury's - or something very similar. I use almond oil as a cleanser and moisturiser too well but I haven't tried it on my hair

KosherBacon Tue 18-Feb-14 20:15:31

I use the Lucy Bee raw virgin coconut oil from Sainsbury's. About £6 a jar and smells fab, far better than the stuff I used to get in Waitrose. (Could that be the most middle class sentence I have ever written?)

WhereIsMyHat Tue 18-Feb-14 20:33:56

I use biona raw organic stuff from ocado.

daimbardiva Tue 18-Feb-14 20:46:33

What do you use it for? I use it as a body moisturiser but not yet been brave enough to try it on my hair....should I??

AimeeDubucqdeRivery Tue 18-Feb-14 21:21:55

I use biona raw organic oil too

Allthreerolledintoone Tue 18-Feb-14 22:39:36

I want to use it for my hair and skin and maybe oil pulling although I'm not too sure of the latter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now