Talk

Advanced search

New look M&S website

(20 Posts)
truelymadlysleepy Tue 18-Feb-14 15:08:00

Am I being thick, I can't find the leg lengths of any of the jeans?

LoonvanBoon Wed 19-Feb-14 11:16:56

They haven't given actual leg length measurements for women's jeans for years, truely - they're just labelled short, medium & long.

There is a size guide somewhere on the website that says what S, M & L are meant to be in inches / cm, but I think it's fair to say this is total bollocks.

I'm 5'4" & I've ordered short length jeans from m&s that have varied from 27-30" inside leg, & mediums that have varied from 28-32". This is one of the many reasons I've given up on m&s - the complete lack of sizing consistency makes online ordering a total lottery.

hugoagogo Wed 19-Feb-14 11:30:47

What have they bloody done to their website? It is impossible to find anything on it, they have made it pretty, but my laptop just can't cope with it and it's new and windows 8 and shit argh!

LoonvanBoon Wed 19-Feb-14 11:41:26

Shit, isn't it? As I said, I'd pretty much given up on them anyway, but couldn't resist taking a look. I think it's much worse & less user friendly than the old one.

Most of the feedback on their FB page is highly negative, & so far the m&s responses are just the same old "we're sorry you're disappointed" stuff.

Oh, & all the product reviews have completely disappeared, which is very annoying. I'd only recently written a review warning people off their crap form-holes-after-2-weeks'-wear cashmere gloves, & now it's gone.

hugoagogo Wed 19-Feb-14 11:48:24

Thanks for that, I have just spent the last 5 mins trying to get the reviews to appear.

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 19-Feb-14 12:15:21

The website changed yesterday (the 18th). I went to order something that I already had, but in a different colour, and if I hadn't known what I wanted and that they definitely had it somewhere on the website, I wouldn't have bothered to keep looking. I was prompted to fill out a feefo feedback questionnaire on it, and I went to town in my criticism.

I actually thought that the website was pretty good before they changed it. I certainly had no complaints about how it looked or ran.

I am very annoyed that I can no longer narrow anything down in womenswear by fit. I buy lots of Petite stuff andit was really findable on the old website.

Now its just lots of photos and it doesn't get me to what I am looking for when I need something in particular.

It is no longer somehwrre I would consider browsing.

Toofattorun Wed 19-Feb-14 14:54:53

HappyAs - If you go to the search facilty and put in Petite, it will show all of the womens' petite range.

www.marksandspencer.com/MSSearchResultsDisplayCmd?&searchTerm=petite&langId=-24&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&categoryId=0

Allinafankle Wed 19-Feb-14 20:22:43

My goodness, it really is awful isn't it?! shock
I've given up.

Is it as bad as Next?

I hate that website. I don't want to look at 4 outfits at a time, I want to look at one particular thing.

I don't bother anymore.

Allinafankle Wed 19-Feb-14 20:57:19

Oh yes, Next. I'd forgotten! Agree 100% - it's so not user friendly.

Snowdown Wed 19-Feb-14 21:09:04

I hate it and I hate the H&M tablet version and the trip advisor tablet version and I struggle to find the button that gives me a normal view!

FrugalFashionista Wed 19-Feb-14 21:14:26

I really like the revamped M&S website. The old one looked like a bad catalogue from the early 1990s and it hurt my eyes. Now the clothes look almost wink tempting. It would be great to have the reviews and detailed measurements but do you really miss the old site? <flabbergasted>

Snowdown Wed 19-Feb-14 23:16:27

Miss is a strong word to use with M&S online clothing...it required me to completely re-register which annoyed me as everything was set up to just work without passwords and cards. I can't filter clothes they way I want to, it insists I plough through 10 pages rather than just showing all....it's annoying...hopefully they'll add features.

Lambzig Thu 20-Feb-14 15:19:33

It's awful. Really doesn't work on my ipad very well. Took me ages to find babies white vests and I gave up trying to look for a swimsuit as I couldn't filter in the way I wanted to. I don't like to click through 23 pages to find what I want. Ghastly.

bunnymother Thu 20-Feb-14 20:49:40

I just had a look on the website, and find it harder to see product details than it used to be - they are now in a pop up window that may or may not open. Seriously, it can't be that hard. Just build a website with the same features / in the same style as one of your competitors, who gets it right. Probably the reason that the NAP, Matches and My-wardrobe websites are all similar - they work well!

If it wasn't for their foodhall, I would never go in there.

hugoagogo Fri 21-Feb-14 17:04:17

It's making me scream. Why are there options that you click on and nothing happens?
Click on main menu-nothing happens.
Click on search-nothing happens.
Click on next-nothing happens.
I can choose sizes 6 to 12 and nothing else.
[weeps]

Goes to next

CointreauVersial Fri 21-Feb-14 19:14:22

It looks nice, but I found it soooo sloooow. Trying to zoom in on a photo took so long I gave up.

Willemdefoeismine Wed 02-Apr-14 12:08:24

Hi (and waves to CointreauVersial!)

Anyone had a problem with using e-gift vouchers at check out? I've got £30 worth to spend and have now tried to use them in two successive sales without success. The 'apply' button doesn't seem to be working. I not so cleverly as it turns out thought it might be to do with the browser used, so moved from Google Chrome to Firefox and still the same issue. GRRRRR.

LightastheBreeze Wed 02-Apr-14 12:22:24

I used an e gift-voucher about a week ago but when I went to use one this morning I couldn't even find the place where to type the number of it. I thought it was just me and had missed the page when I placed my order.

Bit fed up as I had a £20 voucher for Mothers day from generous DS

I used Safari browser

Twinklestein Wed 02-Apr-14 15:32:03

It's both better and worse: the layout is better, the clothes look better but the software is too tricksy.

As with many things they should be looking to see what John Lewis does and following suit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now